Loans up to £100,000 to new and growing, small and medium sized businesses (SME's) across Scotland.
Who can apply?
We can support the following types of legally formed and trading business:
- Limited Companies
- Partnerships including Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP) with 4 or fewer partners
- Partnerships including Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP) with 3 or fewer partners
- Sole Traders (loans over £25,000 only)
- Businesses may operate as a Social Enterprise or Co-Operative
How can the funds be used?
Loans may be used for:
- Working capital
- Purchase of plant and equipment
- Purchase of business property
Business Loan Scotland offers a Business Loan which has:
- Interest typically fixed at 6% (a higher rate of up to 8.5% may be required for new start businesses)
- A term of up to 5 years
- Security will be taken where appropriate/relevant
What to do next
- Register online at www.bls.scot using the 'Apply Now' form.
- Once eligibility is confirmed you can apply using Online Loan Application (OLA)
- Once approved, loan documentation will be issued
- Fulfil the preconditions and accept the loan agreement