The Council agreed a new Media Relations Protocol in August 2012. The Protocol is intended to provide clarity to Elected Members and Council Officers on how West Dunbartonshire Council can best work with the media, and how individuals may be involved in that process. Elected Members and Officers should observe this policy as a matter of Best Practice.
The Protocol outlines:
- the Code of Recommended Practice that will be followed
- how the Council will work with officers to meet media deadlines
- how the Council will respond to press enquiries
- how we organise media interviews and photocalls
- how we draft press releases and gain approval
- how we organise a ministerial visit
Read the Media Protocol in full to get more information on any of these areas.