Welcome to the Housing Development and Homelessness team briefing note page. This page provides briefings on the big issues concerning housing and aim to keep everyone up to date with regards to the ever changing policy context that we are operating within.
The Housing Strategy briefings are listed below;
The Housing Development and Homelessness section is responsible for:-
- Providing the statutory Strategic Housing Authority role within the local authority area;
- Strategic Housing Asset Management delivery;
- The delivery of the Council House New Build Programme and the delivery of the affordable Housing supply programme;
- Supporting the development of a culture of continuous improvement in Housing Services and to facilitate opportunities to excel;
- Developing and implementing effective strategies for all Housing Services within West Dunbartonshire;
- Developing the Council’s housing strategy to ensure that it supports the delivery of our strategic priorities;
- Ensuring the meeting of statutory responsibilities under the Scottish Social Housing Charter, including compliance with the Scottish Housing Regulator’s Regulatory Framework;
- The wider service development role across Housing Services including co-ordinating benchmarking activities and customer feedback opportunities in order to improve services and to ensuring compliance with new legislation and guidance relevant to the sector;
- Tenant Participation and Involvement covering all of our statutory responsibilities, including supporting Tenants and Residents Groups as well as developing our wider Tenant Scrutiny activities across all aspects of Housing Services;
- The delivery of homelessness and homelessness prevention services with a key role in tackling poverty and inequality in West Dunbartonshire through implementing a range of services to prevent and alleviate homelessness;
- The Integrated Housing Project including the successful implementation of an Integrated Housing Management System; and
- The Refugee Resettlement programme.
For further information on Housing Development and Homelessness please telephone 01389 737889 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org