Scottish Ministers approved the Glasgow and Clyde Valley Strategic Development Plan (SDP) on 29th May 2012. It replaces the previous Structure Plan.
The SDP sets a vision and spatial strategy for the Glasgow city region, including West Dunbartonshire.
The plan covers key issues such as:
- the supply of land for new housing;
- preferred locations for major economic investment and growth;
- the role and function of town centres;
- the provision of important infrastructure such as transport, waste, water and energy;
- the delivery of the green network.
The SDP provides the context for the West Dunbartonshire Local Development Plan.
You can view the SDP and find out more information at the Glasgow and the Clyde Valley Strategic Development Plan Authority website.