Skip to content

Report a child at risk

If you have a concern about a child please contact the Senior Social Worker:


Council Offices,
Rosebery Place,
G81 1TG

Telephone: 0141 562 8800


Council Offices,
Church Street,
G83 0NP

Telephone: 01389 608080 

When is a child at risk?

You should contact us if you feel that:

  • A child needs protection - if you feel that a child is suffering harm, neglect or abuse, we can investigate and act to protect the child.
  • A family is under stress - we can offer support and advice and help families access support from other services.
  • A child is seriously ill or disabled - we can arrange an assessment of the child's and families needs and provide support.

Other useful contact numbers

Other useful contact numbers
 Social Work Standby (Out of Hours)  0300 345 1505
 Police Scotland  101 or 999
 Scottish Children's Reporters Administration  0300 200 2223
 Childline          0800 1111
 Parentline        08000 28 22 33
 National Child Protection Line  0800 022 3222

Further help and advice is available via West Dunbartonshire Child Protection Committee website