Housing waiting lists
Once we have processed your application form you will be added to the Council's waiting lists for the areas and house types you have chosen. There are 4 waiting lists for each area and house type as applicants are divided into Homeless, Transfer, General and Regeneration groups. We allocate to whichever group is furthest from its target.
We have currently approximately 3664 applicants (as at 31 March 2016). Applicants should let us know if there are any changes in their circumstances and complete a form with the new details. If it is a change in the people who are to be rehoused with you please complete Housing Application -Change of household details. If the change is in where you are currently staying, complete Housing Application- Change of circumstances/Address.
You can also let us know of any name changes by completing the notification of name change form below.
Please make sure we have an up to date phone number so that we can easily contact you.
We will also contact you once a year to carry out a review of your application to check that you still want to be on our housing waiting list. It is important that you return the re-registration form if you still want to be considered for housing. We have tried to make this as easy as possible and include a pre-paid reply envelope or you can re-register by phoning West Dunbartonshire Council's Customer Contact Centre on 01389 738282.
We will treat your application confidentially and treat you with respect at all times. You have the right to appeal against any decision made during the processing of your housing application.
You can appeal in writing, by telephone and/or in person at the Area Office dealing with your application. A senior officer who has not been involved in the initial decision will investigate the appeal and within 10 working days will review the decision made based on the information available to ensure that:
- the application is complete and the information has been assessed correctly
- the application has been assessed without bias If we believe that the correct procedures have not been followed, you will be advised accordingly and we will carry out further investigations. If we believe that the correct procedures have been followed and the application has been assessed correctly, you will be advised of the reasons for this decision within 5 working days.
If we believe that there is insufficient information to make a decision, we will:
- confirm the details of the information required
- agree timescales for the submission of the information
- reassess the appeal once the information has been received
If you remain dissatisfied with the result you can make a complaint:
Online: using the complaints form,
By e-mail: email@example.com
By phone: 01389 738273
In writing: West Dunbartonshire Council, Customer Relations, Aurora House, 3 Aurora Avenue, Queens Quay, Clydebank, G81 1BF
If you are still not satisfied, you also have the right to submit a complaint to the: Scottish Public Services Ombudsman, Freepost EH641, Edinburgh, EH3 0BR.
Freephone: 0800 377 7330