As your landlord it is our legal responsibility to carry out a Landlord's Safety Check of all Council owned gas appliances, flues and pipes within a twelve month period.
We will keep a copy of your safety certificate for our records. We will also give you a copy which you should keep safe for future reference.
As your landlord we will also carry out visual inspections of any gas appliances that you own. This does not guarantee their safety and you are still responsible for making sure they are serviced and maintained by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
On inspecting your appliances, if they are found to be unsafe we will disconnect the appliance and issue a warning notice. This is for your own safety and you should not reconnect the appliance. If this happens City Technical will provide you with a temporary heater. You should then contact a Gas Safe registered engineer to rectify the fault, or if the appliance has to be replaced, to reconnect your new appliance.
Our Promise to You
- Our Gas Contractor engineers will be courteous, wear an identity badge and carry their Gas Safe registration card at all times.
- If our gas contractor has to cancel an appointment they will contact you as soon as possible to re-arrange a convenient time.
- If the appointment is for an Annual Safety Check we can make evening or Saturday appointments if it can be shown that normal working hours would not be suitable to you or we have to rearrange the appointment due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We will try wherever possible to meet any particular needs you may have. Please contact us if you believe that an aid or adaptation may be of use to you.
- We will promote gas safety.
- We will give you advice on energy efficiency.
- We will decommission any fireplace when requested.
- We undertake responsive breakdown repairs within 24hrs of call being received.
- We undertake emergency breakdown repairs within 2hrs of call being received.