As a West Dunbartonshire Council tenant you also have responsibilities towards ensuring gas safety.
- You must give us access to carry out an annual Safety Check. If you do not give us access you will be in breach of your Tenancy Agreement and we WILL take you to court or gain access by invoking your tenancy agreement.
- If you have a reason which prevents us gaining access, please call City Technical on 0844 579 6493 as soon as possible so that we can resolve the issue.
- If you have a prepayment meter you must have at least your emergency credit available on your meter for us to complete a Gas Safety Check.
Please ensure the following:
1. You have cleared the areas around which our engineers need to work.
2. If you have a dog make sure that it is contained.
3. Tools and equipment can be dangerous, children must be supervised for their own safety.
4. Let the gas contractor know if you have to cancel an appointment as soon as possible.
5. Treat our gas contractor with respect, they are advised to leave a property if faced with violent or aggressive behaviour and the incident will be reported to your Housing Officer.