Repairs, alterations, capital investment improvement and safety checks to Councils housing.
West Dunbartonshire Council is planning to spend over £30 million this year to continue investment and improving its housing and local estates. The investment will enable the Council to maintain its commitment to meeting the Scottish Quality Housing Standard and meet the Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing by 2020.
In addition to this it supports investment in connection with Landlord Obligations, Health & Safety and supporting regeneration and New Build Council Housing.
Current improvement projects:
- Kitchen renewals
- Bathroom renewals
- Central Heating Installations
- Door Entry components
- Environmental Improvements such as common paths, bin areas, common walls and car parks.
- Window & Door renewals
- External Insulated Render works
- Roof Renewals
- Special Needs Adaptations
- CCTV and Community Safety Projects
Councillors also agreed to invest a further £24 million in 2018/19 and £34 million in 2019/20.
In 2017/18, we plan to:
- Improve 240 homes with new external insulated render.
- Improve 250 homes with new central heating systems.
- Improve 500 homes with new roof coverings.
- Improve 400 homes with environmental improvements.
- Improve 360 homes with window/door renewals.
- Improve 120 homes with kitchen renewals.
- Improve 150 homes with bathroom renewals.
- Improve 80 homes with electrical renewals.
Over the last 3 years, the following works were completed:
- 9 High rise blocks have been improved with new structural insulated over-cladding, new windows, roofs and doors.
- 2 Lifts have been upgraded or replaced in medium rise blocks.
- Over 1000 properties have been improved with new central heating systems.
- Over 800 properties have been improved with render or roughcast renewals.
- Over 700 properties have been improved with roof renewals.
- Over 800 properties have been improved with kitchen or bathrooms renewals.
- Over 700 properties have been improved with electrical renewals.
- Over 1000 properties have been improved with window/door renewals.
- 121 new council houses built.