The West Dunbartonshire Information and Advice Partnership is set within the context of strategic planning within West Dunbartonshire. While each organisation remains independent they will, through this partnership agreement and strategy, contribute to the priorities set out in the Community Planning Partnership Local Outcome Improvement Planning process. The partnership consists of the following:
- West Dunbartonshire Council's Working4U service,
- West Dunbartonshire Citizens Advice Bureau, and
- Clydebank Independent Resource Centre
The vision of the partnership is:
'To deliver advice and information services in West Dunbartonshire where anyone who wants to improve their life circumstances, wellbeing, independence and resilience is able to obtain the information and advice and support they need, when they need it and in the way they need it.'
The objectives of the partnership are:
- To promote social justice and the rights of the individual by delivering information, advice and support services that make a positive impact on the well being of individuals.
- To play a full and productive part in tackling poverty in our communities through a responsive partnership approach that delivers free, high quality independent information, advice and advocacy services.
The continued roll out of Welfare Reforms, and the speed at which legislation is now changing will provide significant challenges to people in the local community; these challenges centre on establishing and maintaining a thriving local economy where residents feel safe; our children and young people are nurtured; our older residents are supported to remain independent; and our residents are empowered.
In addition there are a number of other significant reasons why an Advice Partnership Strategy is required such as changes in the economy, demography, comparatively high levels of unemployment and individual indebtedness in West Dunbartonshire and impact of poverty on those suffering from income deprivation.
Joint local working provides the basis of a better understanding of need and demand. The Advice and Information Partnership and our network of partners will be required to implement actions that are designed to support the most vulnerable people in our communities to be included and feel part of this thriving, safe and empowered West Dunbartonshire.