Loch Lomond Highland Games 2017 will take place at Moss O'Balloch, Balloch on Saturday 15 July G83 8LQ
- Saturday 15 July
- Moss O' Balloch Park, Balloch, G83 8LQ
- Gates open at 9.30am - 5pm
- Adults £5.00
- Kids (up to 15 years) & Over 60's £3.00
- Family Ticket (2 Adults and Up To 3 Kids 15 and under) £13
Download the Site Map
The annual event at Moss o’ Balloch, which takes place on Saturday 15th of July, is one of the top competitions in Scotland with a prize fund of £15,000 up for grabs. Events will include wrestling, cycling, tossing the caber, and tug of war, but perhaps the most eagerly anticipated competition of the day will be the Scottish Highland Games Association World Heavyweight Championship. With competitors from Poland, America and Australia taking part, it is set to be an exciting and closely contested event.
This year we will be showcasing Basque traditional sports which will include:
- The record breaking axe cutting of a tree trunk of some 3 metres – the largest tree trunk ever cut in Scotland
- Vertical axe cutting
- one handed axe cutting demonstration
- record breaking axe cutting with the least number of strokes or in the shortest time possible
- shape cutting demonstration with an electrical saw
- stone lifting of different weights and sizes and demonstration of strength
- other participative demonstrations to involve the audience...tug of war etc..
Spectators will be entertained throughout the day with track and field events including running, jumping, cycling, wrestling, the heavyweight events of ball, hammer, weight and caber, plus the Highland dancing and pipe band competitions.
Outside the main arena, spectators will find a wide variety of trade stalls selling a range of modern and traditional goods and food and drink.
The event will close with a mass pipe band march through the main street in Balloch offering a dramatic end to what promises to be a wonderful event.
Clyde Shopmobility will provide FREE USE of mobility equipment such as mobility scooters to help people who have limited mobility or visual impairment to get around the site.
Loch Lomond Highland Games 2016
Click on the photo to view the slide show