Every adult should aim to accumulate at least 30 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity most days of the week. If you are not meeting the above recommendations then the Live Active Referral Scheme may be for you.
The scheme may be appropriate for you if you:
- Are not currently regularly physically active but you are thinking about becoming more active
- Are doing some activity but would like to do more and feel additional advice and support would help you
- Have been advised to become more active, for example by your GP, but don't really know where to start
How can I access the Live Active referral scheme?
If you are interested in the Live Active Referral Scheme, contact your GP, Practice Nurse or Physiotherapist.
If the scheme is appropriate for you, they will complete a referral form, allowing you to attend an exercise consultation in your local area.
How will Live Active help me become active?
Once referred, you will be invited to attend an exercise consultation at your local leisure centre with a Live Active Advisor.
You will enrol onto the scheme for 12 months where you will:
- Receive advice, support and encouragement from a Live Active Advisor to help you become and stay regularly physically active
- Have an opportunity to meet new people and try a variety of activities (exercise classes, gym sessions, swimming, walking and home based exercise) at your own pace
Additional support is also provided via:
- Follow up consultations at the six and twelve month stage
- Follow up phone calls and prompt letters
- Drop in sessions
- Supervised gym sessions
- Live Active Advisor led health walks
- motivational behavioural change support for- healthy eating and weight management
If you would like to know more about the Live Active Exercise Referral Scheme, or you feel you would like to be referred onto the scheme, please contact a Live Active Advisor:
- John McKeown, The Meadow Centre, 01389 608429
- John Gardner, The Vale Swimming Pool, 01389 772008
- Diane Harkins, Clydebank Leisure Centre, 0141 951 4646