Welcome to West Dunbartonshire Libraries
Want to find your local library and its opening hours, get involved in our reading events or even search your family tree? It is all here. Let us share our passion for reading - a wonderful life-long leisure pastime.
Our libraries all have computers available to book for free please check with individual libraries to find out how many they have and what software they have. Most computers will have the following specification
- Microsoft Office: (version 2007 ).
- Free broadband Internet connection: 2Mb - 12Mb bandwidth, planning enhancements for our slowest remaining connections.
Book a computer
Once you have joined a library and have a library card and PIN, you will be able to book a computer.
Book a computer (reservation system)
To access a computer in the library:
- Your Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you are a member but unsure of your PIN, please ask a member of staff who can retrieve this for you from the system.
Bookings can be made either:
- Online reservation system (need your library card number and PIN)
- Telephoning a library - booking over the phone.
- If a computer is free manually log in.
- Asking a member of staff to book a computer session for a specific date and time.
Basic Instructions - Booking a Library Computer On-Line
If you know the PC number, you can go straight to it and log in. Your name will be displayed on the screen. Enter your membership number and pincode to log on.
- One hour at a time (maximum three hours per day across the area.)
- Students can apply for 'extended access' which will allow them five hours per day.
- Proof will be required, ask at your local library for more details.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, your booking will automatically be cancelled and the PC will become available for another user.
- In the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is a green coloured countdown clock showing you how long you have left.
- When you have 5-minutes remaining you will be alerted to save any outstanding work and then again at 1-minute warning that you are going to be logged out. It is your responsibility to save or print any work so please give yourself time to send documents to the printer and save your work other wise it may be lost. Please try to plan and time a piece of work (including any printing time) so that it can be completed within the allotted 1 hour period.
- To finish your session early double-click the 'Logout' icon on the desktop. Please be aware that information saved to the computer will not be erased and it is your responsibility to erase personal information before logging out.