How do I join the library?
You can complete the form below to join our online library which gives you access to resources including eBooks, eMagazines and eAudio Books.
You can also join the library or upgrade to full membership, at your local library. You will need to bring two forms of ID (one should contain your address). Under 14's, need a parent or guardian signed consent form.
Full membership allows you to:
- Borrow from our vast collection of books and audiobooks for adults, children and teens
- Use computers with FREE internet access in any West Dunbartonshire library
- Borrow a wide selection of music CDs
- Hire DVDs including the latest film releases and TV box sets
- Reserve and renew items online
- Access FREE Wi-Fi in any West Dunbartonshire Library
- Register for Theory Test Pro, GoCitizen and other online resources accessible in any West Dunbartonshire library
- Access a range of local study, research and family history tools online and in any West Dunbartonshire library
- Enrol in one of our FREE Quest computer and Tablet courses.
If you have no ID, or are just visiting the area, you can join as an 'Interim Member' which limits how many items you can borrow.
When you join West Dunbartonshire Libraries you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
- Junior - Age 0-11
- Teen - Age 12-14
- Young Adult - Age 15-17
- Adult - Age 18+
- Interim Member
Home / Housebound Library Service
The Housebound Library Service is for people who live in West Dunbartonshire who are unable to visit a branch or mobile library owing to age, disability or long term illness which normally confines them to their home. Please contact us for more information.