Y Sort-it provides information and support for young carers aged 12-18 in West Dunbartonshire.
If you are aged 12-18 and provide care and support to others, including parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters, then you are a young carer.
You may help by:
- doing the shopping
- doing the housework, e.g. cleaning, washing clothes
- giving medicines
- looking after your brothers and / or sisters
- budgeting and collecting benefits
- providing help with personal care, e.g. showering, bathing
- giving emotional help and support.
Being a young carer can be tough but it can also be a positive and rewarding experience.
If you are aged 12-25 and would like to meet with other young carers then contact Y Sort-it to find out more about their young carers clubs in Clydebank and Dumbarton.
If you would like to find out more information about support for young carers in West Dunbartonshire then contact Y Sort-It by: