Skip to content

If a consumer is unhappy with any work carried out by a member of the scheme, the trader must agree to comply with the dispute resolution procedure:

  1. Consumers should try to resolve the complaint directly with the trader. Any details of the complaint should be made in writing to the trader.
  2. If the complaint remains unresolved, then either party may contact Trading Standards with details of the complaint.
  3. Trading Standards will respond to both parties within 3 working days.
  4. Trading Standards will investigate the complaint, and where necessary provide a recommendation to resolve the dispute. If the consultation with an independent expert is required, agreement will be required from both parties about the payment of such a consultation