The Communities Team have been working in Dumbarton West since the early stages of the Your Community initiative. Initial engagement work was undertaken which highlighted key issues within the community. 6 key priorities were identified when planning for the future of Dumbarton West:
- Activities for young people, children & families.
- Drugs & Alcohol.
- Town Centre shopping & regeneration.
- Dog Fouling, Community Safety / Anti-Social Behaviour.
- Jobs & employment.
Since 2015, there have been a number of engagement methods and events within Dumbarton West. Below is a timeline of Communities Team activity within the area.
Time Line of Activity
- Nov / Dec - Your Community Surveys.
- Castlehill Walkabout.
- Jan - Dumbarton West Report on Survey Results.
- April - Community Open Day at Brucehill Activity Centre.
- June - Conversation Café at Concord Centre.
- Jan - Draft Community Action Plan produced.
- Feb / March - Dalreoch Primary School engagement work.
- May- Supporting Westbridgend group through Asset Transfer process.
- Aug - Your Community Drop in Sessions at Dalreoch Church with Police Scotland.
- July - Picnic in Park event in partnership Corra Foundation.
- Aug - New Neighbourhood Approach begins.
- Sept - Mapping of Community Activity / Groups.
- Sept- Westbridgend engagement day & table top sale.
- Oct - Engage with Anchor Organisations & Partners.
- Nov - Established a Castlehill Partners Network of meetings.
Feb 19 – Aug 19
- Capacity building support to Committee of Westbridgend Community Hall Development Association.
- Continued conversations around the potential to improve the community.
- Development of residents / community group.
- Your Community Celebration Event.
- Development of a Community Action Plan - highlighting short, medium & long term goals for area.
Photos and further information on Dumbarton West Neighbourhood Approach.