Health message of ‘Stay at home’ from 1 May
- As we transition Test and Protect, new stay at home guidance will come into effect from 1 May. This will broadly align with the UKHSA guidance for simplicity of messaging and, therefore, maximising the public health effect of the guidance.
What are the SISG changes from 1 May
- Unvaccinated close contacts are no longer eligible meaning only those who test positive on a PCR are eligible. (Parent and Carer eligibility remains the same)
- Unvaccinated close contacts will no longer be traced so SISG will focus on positive cases and their parents and carers
- Reduction of the Grant award from £500 to £225 to reflect the shorter stay at home time during the transition period
- Introduction of a 3 claim cap in a 12 month period from 1 May.
- Ensure there is a link on your website to mygov to establish eligibility - https://www.mygov.scot/self-isolation-grant
Other important information
- The national helpline will be closed from 1 May. Anyone requiring Covid or health advice should call 119 or use NHS inform.
- Changes to the way someone will apply for a PCR test from 12 May will be communicated after 1 May.
Help or support with the SISG