Balloch and Haldane Community Council

Agenda for Meeting on Wednesday 02/02/22, 10am at Balloch House Hotel

 

1. Welcome by Chairman - Sederunt and Apologies.

2. Minutes of previous meeting.

3. Matters Arising

4. Lomond Banks (destruction of Woodland) concern raised by resident.

5. Water Safety Policy/Lido on Loch Lomond

6. Parking on pavement on Balloch Rd

7. Review of Scheme of Establishment.

8. Treasurer's Report

9. Correspondence

10. AOCB

Balloch & Haldane Community Council Agenda for Meeting on Wednesday 6 April 2022, 10am at Balloch Hotel 

1. Welcome by Chairman - Sederunt and Apologies.

2. Minutes of previous meeting.

3. Matters Arising.

4. Presentation - James Baird, Sam McMillan, Vale of Leven Wind Farm.

5. Meeting with Greenspace re Station Square refurbishment.

6. Stoneymollan Roundabout.

7. Treasurer's Report.

Minutes of Balloch and Haldane Community Council Meeting

held on Wednesday 2 February 2022 at 10am in the Balloch House Hotel

Apologies:

Alister B and D Ross

Murdoch welcomed all to the meeting.

David Ross coopted on to BHCC unanimously.

Minutes approved Jim B, seconded DK.

Matters Arising:

BHCC will not make comment on Lomond Woods proposed development until planning application  submitted in April.

BHCC to write to LLTNP nearer the time to request sight of Lomond Woods plans.

Speeding on Drymen Rd/ Luss Rd, Police will assess if these roads are suitable for speed cameras.

Proposal made to write to all residents of Drymen Rd and Balloch Rd to find out if they feel speeding is an issue and if they want any action taken, e.g. 20mph speed limit.

WDC carried out a survey of children crossing road from Lawrence Dr onto Drymen Rd, did not meet the criteria for a School crossing patroller.

Item 4. Document to be resubmitted to LLTNP Planning Dept when Lomond Woods planning application submitted.

Update from Councillor Sally Page:

Water Safety Policy/ Lido to be discussed at full Council meeting on 9/2/22, cost estimated for Water Safety Policy to be drawn up is £30,000.

Balloch Park Woodland Management Plan, proposal will be made at Council meeting to try and get funding to have plan updated.

LLTNP have funding of up to £3000 for tree planting. Sally and David K to look into applying for funding if a suitable site can be found. Environment Trust will plant trees.

Item 6. Write to WDC Roads Dept to see if something can be put in place to prevent cars parking on the pavement outside Corries and Blue Lagoon. D.K to provide photographic evidence.

Keep Left sign on Carrochan Rd has been knocked over. Write to Roads Dept

Item 7. DK suggested all CC’s have some form of I.D, he will feedback to SCDC.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Balance £2147.20, no grants claimed in last two years.

Reduction of opening hours at Balloch Train Station ticket office, online survey to be completed to raise concerns.

Maid of the Loch:

Plan to apply for funding to rebuild Balloch Pier Train Station building and reinstate rail line, heritage project. Have had offer of two train carriages which could be used as Airbnb, restaurant or shop.

AOB:

Issue raised concerning traffic accessing car park at the Lennox Hall from Jamestown direction, they are blocking the road as they wait to make right turn into car park. Write to Roads Dept for a solution.

  • DONM 2 March 2022, Balloch House Hotel at 10am

Balloch and Haldane Community Council

Agenda for Meeting on Wednesday 2/3/22, 10am

at Balloch House Hotel

 

1. Welcome by Chairman – Sederunt and Apologies

2. Minutes of previous meeting

3. Matters Arising

4. Planning application for relocation of Lomond Rescue Boat

5. Appearance of Balloch Village Square/ Greenspace

6. Treasurer’s Report

7. Secretary’s Report

8. AOB

Balloch & Haldane Community Council

Minutes of 2 March 2022 Meeting held at

Balloch House Hotel

 

 Sederunt:

Community Councillors: Murdoch Cameron, MBE (Chair), Alan Gardner,

Gillian Clark, (Secretary), Jim Biddulph, D Ross. I Gurr,MBE,  D Keown

Apologies:

A Boutell, A McAulay

Murdoch welcomed everyone to the meeting and D Ross to his first meeting as a CC.

Proposal made that all CC’s in Forum with 20 years’ service should receive recognition from WDC. S Page will raise a motion at the next Council meeting.

Previous Minutes approved I.G, seconded J.B.

S Page and D Keown will meet up next week to look for suitable sites for tree planting to commemorate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.

- Secretary to write to WDC Greenspace to have Stoneymollan Rd cleared of Knotweed, Himalayan Balsam etc.

- Secretary to write to LLTNP to find out what is happening with Stoneymollan Roundabout, with a view to BHCC proposing a plan in consultation with the public.

No objection to Sweeney’s planning application.

Lomond Rescue Boat’s plan to relocate to Drumkinnon Bay, ongoing issue with ownership of the land they want. They will work from the Maid of the Loch pier this year again, May to October.

- Secretary to write to Loch Lomond Rescue Boat to offer support of their application.

S Page and G Clark to meet up with WDC Greenspace Manager to discuss tidy up of Station and Village Squares.

Concerns raised about slow/nonresponse from some WDC Departments.

Treasurers Report:

  • Balance £2121.70.

Agreed we will apply for a grant this year.

S Page reported on meeting held on 28/2/22 to set up group to take forward refurbishment of Balloch Park.

Issue raised about flooding on newly refurbished Lomond Bridge. S Page will raise this with Roads Dept, is there a warranty on the works completed?

  • DONM 6/4/22, 10am at Balloch House Hotel.

Balloch and Haldane Community Council 

Minutes of Meeting held on 6/4/22, 10am at Balloch House Hotel

 

Sederunt

Present -

Murdoch Cameron (Chair),

Gillian Clark (Secretary),

Jan Shields, David Ross,

Ian Gurr,

Jim Biddulph,

Alan Gardner,

David Keown,

Andy McAulay,

James Baird and Sam McMillan, Vale of Leven Wind Farm.

Apologies

Alan Sorrell and Alistair Boutell.

March minutes approved by I.G, and seconded by D.R.

Presentation given James Baird and Sam McMillan of Vale of Leven Wind Farm about proposed development.

- Update on Greenspace meeting, 4/3/22, Councillor S Page, I Bain, Greenspace Manager and G Clark, CC, Station square to be refurbished, railings to be painted, signpost painted and directions corrected, notice board to be moved further back, seating to be installed and recycling bins to be relocated.

- Stoneymollan Roundabout, a landscaping design has been agreed between Amey and Transport Scotland, next stage is to go out to the community for consultation with local stakeholders.

Treasurer's Report

  • Balance £2069.70

Agreed we will apply to WDC for a grant.

Chairman conveyed our congratulations to D Keown for his work with the local Foodbank, Food for Thought.

Date of Next Meeting

  • 4 May 2022 at 10am Balloch House Hotel

Balloch and Haldane Community Council Agenda for Meeting at 10am on Wednesday 4 May 2022 at the Balloch House 

 

1. Welcome by Chairman - Sederunt and Apologies

2. Minutes of previous meeting

3. Matters Arising

4. Scottish Enterprise land/ lack of maintenance - S Page

5. Request for Scoping Opinion on Vale of Leven Wind Farm

6. Treasurer's Report

7. Correspondence

8. A.O.C.B