Clydebank East Community Council
meeting 7 January 2019
John thanked everyone for coming to the meeting and gave the fire drill
John closed meeting and thanked everyone for coming along.
Next Meeting 4th February 2019 at 7pm.
In Attendance: J.White, A. Rutherford,A. Connarty, L. Bell, D.Bell, A.Lynch
Apologies: J.Henry, E. Wyper
Councillors: M.McNair, W. Hendrie, D. Lennie, G.Casey
Guest Speakers: D.Denholm- Architect& Design. S.Keenan CHA/ Director
Community Police In Attendance.
Chairperson John White welcomed everyone to meeting and explained Fire Drill Procedures.
Minutes Approved by A. Connarty and A. Rutherford.
Matters Arising from Previous Minutes. None Noted.
David Denholm from Architecture & Design gave a detailed explanation of the new Clydebank Canal Path and provided power points with the view to the safety of this new development. Will be directly behind Social Centre81 and will increase the use of the new Sports Facility. Trees will be removed from the Braes Ave-with ramps being fitted for those with poor mobility.They are planning for well lite areas, along the canal path. Consultations are currently taking place with Roads& Panning Dept, Clydebank Housing Association,Community Police and Sketch & Design. CCTV will be provided at start of path, alongside Speed Cameras.
Consultations to begin in April in Clydebank Town Hall, with 3 Community Meetings to be arranged. Names to be put forward to highlight the Canal path alongside the involvement with Local Schools. Potential names suggested who had a strong link with Clydebank were Duncan Bannantyne, Kevin Bridges, James Cosmos, Marty Pellow (of the band Wet Wet Wet) Other names suggested were Jimmy Reid, Jane Rae & Violet Maguire. Ongoing Discussion to be held with local people and local school pupils.
Sharon Keenan (CHA) Must await Funding from 3 different Funders. CHA is a Registered Charity. A Flower Project could enhance the local area.
Community Council will be kept updated re the progress, when consultations are formalised. It was generally agreed it was a good idea to involve the local schools, as students could benefit from learning more about the local history
of Clydebank, with the people, who had made a mark within the Town.
Community Policeman left the meeting early. Gave Chairperson details of crime within this area.
36 Crime Reports.13 Solved. lx Dangerous Dog, 3 x Drugs Offences, 4x Thefts, 6 Breach of Peace, 5x Vandalism.
A. Connarty advised we had received our new annual grant from WDC. Balance now-£2,566.42p.
Daniel Lennie, had no reports and stated he was not in agreement with the new bridge as it was a private company.
Councillor-Gail Casey-Reported that Scottish Government had approved City Deal Renfrew & new build bridge at Yoker/Renfrew, now going ahead. Councillor Willie Hendrie was initially against the new bridge, but now supports it.
Councillor Marie McNair- gave update on various issues. Discussed Anti Social Behaviour.... also issues of Fly Tipping & Dumping .. More Skips provided within the Whitecrook area. Hopefully, this will reduce the Fly Tipping.
Site Visit to be arranged along the Greenspace area, however the WDC employee currently on sick leave. King Street is the only street to have Fencing provided. Fencing & Hedges around Braes Ave are being sorted.
Issues of Parking re-the OHR School was raised.This has been on-going issue for 2 years. Lack of parking Spaces and Double Yellow Lines. Issue of Give Way Signs, was raised. Obliterated-causing restriction for local residents.
Complaint made to Transport Dept.
Chairperson Thanked Everyone for their Attendance.
Date of next Community Council Meeting-Monday 4th March @ 7pm
John thanked everyone for attending and gave the fire safety drill.
We have £2166.42 in the bank
Nothing to report
End of meeting
Nothing to report
Nothing to report at present as Cllrs are off on summer break
John thanked everyone for attending and gave the fire drill.
Brian McQuillan requesting minutes from c.c. meetings since march 2019
Not available at this time
king Street - Cllrs going back to council to try and get meeting with just the King Street Residents
Linnvale/Whitecrook grass at canal is needing cut its in a disgraceful mess, gardens in Braes Avenue in disrepair and hedges are very high. Drains blocked due to baby wipes and other things that should not be flushed down drains council should be sending letters to all Council residents to explain this and council workers should be going to residents instead of asking neighbours to do this.
John welcomed everyone to the meeting and gave the fire drill. Minutes of last meeting read and passed prop.by L.Bell seconded by J.White.
£96.000 to insulate four houses awaiting clarification on this from housing committee
Next meeting 7 October 2019
John welcomed everyone to the meeting and gave the fire drill.
Next meeting 4th November 2019 at 7pm Centre81
John thanked everyone for attending the meeting and gave the fire drill.
The other residents have issues with the £1400 for their fences. Need to go back and find out why this is ask Amanda Coulthard to next meeting. Ask for housing Suzanne Mitchell area coordinator
John closed the meeting and once again thanked everyone for coming along
Next meeting 2nd December 2019 7pm Centre81