Ordinary Meeting of KCC
Monday 10 January 2022 at 7.30pm
in Kilmaronock Millennium Hall

 

1) Sederunt:

KCC : Jim Morrison (JM/Chair), Gavin MacLellan (GM/Vice-Chair), Andrew Sinnott (AS/Sec),
Anita Anderson (AA/Treasurer) and David Scott-Park (DSP).
WDC : Cllr Sally Page (SP)
Plus 6 other members of the public
JM opened the meeting with the sad news of the passing of Alan Dewar. The CC and
attendees paid their respects.

2) Apologies:

Bob Shand, Peter Page, Rory MacLeod.

3) Declaration of interest for tonight’s agenda:

None.

4) Minutes of meeting on 1 November 2021:

AS corrected the date of the meeting in the draft.
Proposed as accurate by DSP, seconded by AA.

5) Matters Arising and Associated issues:

None.

6) Treasurers Report:

  • Outgoings : Monthly web hosting.
  • Current account balance : £984.45
  • Benevolent fund balance : £424.01

The end of year is coming soon and the accounts will need to be audited.
GM will introduce AA to David Taylor and check to see he will be available and willing to provide his services once again.

 

7) Planning Matters:

New

Conversion of existing buildings into 1 business use unit (Class 4)

  • Gowk Inn Stirling Road Balloch Alexandria G83 8ND

Ref. No: 2021/0455/DET | Received: Mon 13 Dec 2021 | Validated: Wed 22 Dec 2021 | Status: Current

This is a reapplication under a new reference number. The previous application was discussed under the old reference number.
KCC has no comment
Formation of vehicular access, public car parking, footpaths and installation of bird hides.

  • Glencairn Farm Old Military Road Gartocharn G83 8NG

Ref. No: 2021/0392/DET | Received: Wed 03 Nov 2021 | Validated: Fri 05 Nov 2021 | Status: Current

A pre-application statement was discussed in September and no issues raised.
KCC notes that although still listed as current, it appears that ground work has
commenced.

Older

Sub-division of garden ground and erection of dwellinghouse with detached garage and waste water treatment plant.

  • The Aber Mill Ross And Aber Road Gartocharn Alexandria G83 8NQ

Ref. No: 2021/0280/DET | Received: Thu 05 Aug 2021 | Validated: Thu 05 Aug 2021 | Status: Current

The applicants were present to discuss the Planning Authority objections to their proposals.

There is a presumption against new housing based on the existing Local Development Plan, all proposed material considerations have so far been rejected.

AS noted that the current LDP is overdue for replacement and has been extended until 2024 to allow for Community Engagement via Local Place Plans to be factored in. Since the local community are generally supportive of more homes for locals and less for visitors the next LDP may well allow such an application. There may be some leeway gained in demonstrating community support for this application during the LDP transition phase.

GM suggested that the applicants make a presentation to the community at the next KCC meeting inviting planners, councillors, MSP’s etc. A special meeting could be arranged if needed before then.

Erection of training centre (use Class 8) comprising leadership centre and 4 no. visitor accommodation buildings with associated parking and landscaping
Land Adjacent To -

  • Ross Priory Gartocharn West Dunbartonshire G83 8NL

Ref. No: 2020/0055/DET | Received: Mon 02 Mar 2020 | Validated: Mon 02 Mar 2020 | Status: Current

This application remains open but no new documentation has appeared to explain why. Concerns were raised about the pumping of sewage from the new development, including that of Ross Priory, neighbouring households and waterworks, to the Gartocharn Treatment Works.

KCC would like clarity on the capacity of GTW to take this volume and what, if any, capacity would remain for future developments in the village.

Cllr Page is corresponding with Scottish Water to ascertain capacity before and after
development and suggests that if the development was to use all the capacity then THF should consider providing their own treatment works.

KCC (GM) will write to CEO of The Hunter Foundation and ask for an update on
progress with the application and the timeline of development works.

Other

There was a general discussion on planning priorities as there is more and more bias from local housing to holiday residences as a result of planning policies and LDP. As there is now ongoing dialogue with NP and CC’s due to Community Empowerment, more community voices should contribute.

It was suggested that the next meeting should be widened out to public, local councillors and MSP’s.

KCC (GM) to write to Stuart Mearns to formalise the next meeting along the above lines.

8) Community Matters/Local Place Plan:

Community Garden
WDC postponed presentation – partly COVID advice not to attend meetings partly as other work is being done which may affect WDC approach – namely other sites on WDC land being looked at in Bonhill – WDC may not want to go for a lease arrangement but may partner a community group that could take on the lease instead.

Landfill Site
In the short to medium term, Barr will continue as operators at Auchincarroch. They are appealing the fine from HMRC. They have reduced operations at other sites to concentrate on this one as it is a good revenue generator.

9) Kilmaronock Community Trust:

Aber Dam Bridge Project

KCT chairman’s summary of current position -

  • In July 2021 we applied for a Grant to replace the structure of Aber Dam bridge, which
    is unsound, having previously been granted funding to replace only the decking. We
    were offered funding in September but subject to a number of conditions we could not
    accept, although we were able to negotiate agreement on most of these issues.
  • However, KCT were put in the position just before Christmas when the Grant offer was effectively dependent on us taking on the cost of third party liability insurance for the bridge which would have most likely have amounted to at least £500 a year for the lifetime of the bridge (about 25 years). As we have no means of raising this sum as guaranteed income we would have been in breach of our responsibilities as trustees to enter into the contract, therefore we had to decline the grant offer.
  • We also made it clear that without agreeing a contract with our Project Manager and our supplier / installer by Christmas, we could guarantee neither the price nor the ability to complete the work by the National Park deadline.
  • The Park Authority have now said they wish to discuss further, this week, which we are happy to do.

Community Trust AGM and membership

As a Charity we require to hold an Annual General Meeting of members, which will be on 16 February in KMH. All members will receive invitations and we are keen for new members to join us. The purpose of the Trust is to progress and deliver local projects for Community Benefit, particularly sustainable development and related to recreation, citizenship development, education, heritage and the natural environment.

If anyone would like become involved in our work or attend the AGM please contact any of the trustees (details on Gartocharn.org).

Watch the Gartocharn Community Facebook page for more details.

10) National Park Issues:

There was a discussion on pros and cons of reintroduction of native species and the need to manage effects going forward as populations increase. Beavers, pine martens, white tailed eagles, etc. Are they just to attract visitors with binoculars as opposed to improving biodiversity?

Similarly, control of invasive non-native species – what goes on the list? Why some species and not others and who decides? Mink, Canada geese, etc. This applies to Flora as well as Fauna – noxious weeds.

Who is responsible for the management and what enforcement is available on landowners who do not cooperate?

It was suggested that we write to LLTNPA for more info and invite them to provide a guest speaker for one of our meetings.

KCC (AS) will formulate a letter of invitation with some briefing notes of what we are interested in.

Lighted Buoys on Loch Lomond - 

When the White-tailed Eagles took residence additional yellow marker buoys were deployed on Loch Lomond to designate exclusion zones. These are lit buoys that significantly contribute to light pollution against LLTNPA policy (The LLTNP Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) report 2014 identifies wild camping as a significant source of light pollution). As these were intended to be temporary no planning permission was applied for, thus no-one informed let alone consulted.

Should the eagles return then planning permission will be sought.

Note that these lighted buoys are operational long since the eagles departed.

11) West Dunbartonshire Council Roads:

AS gave an update on the last meeting with WDC Roads Dept. An inspection of the footway along the A811 has been done and a scope of works for various sections has been made.

Next step is to discuss with Greenspace to get indicative costs.

Councillor Page -

The section of A811 at the Wards which has disintegrated has been reported. JM informed us that there has been an accident there recently.

  • WDC rejected the government call for sex surveys of 14 y.o. pupils as inappropriate.
  • 7 passive houses and 20 zero carbon standard houses are being built in Pappert to assess best way forward in environmentally friendly buildings.
  • SP is lobbying for an asset transfer of Balloch Castle Country Park from Glasgow Common Good Fund to WDC ownership.

JM commented on lack of availability of electric vehicle charging points for the public in Dumbarton. SP will follow up.

12) Correspondence:

Police crime report appended.

RSPB

We received a copy of a letter circulated to neighbours adjacent to the RSPB nature reserve, a copy of the programme of works and a link to their most recent blog (which will be kept updated throughout the project) here.

SEPA

Communications started on finding out who to invite to a meeting to explain SEPA role in engaging with planners and talk about protection of water quality of the local watercourses and loch & maybe about private sewage treatment standards and flood plains etc.

WDC

Proposed boundary change around new Dumbain Rd scheme - when it was a field it was Kilmaronock but now it is housing branched off Dumbain Rd in Haldane it will be taken into Balloch and Haldane CC

NP

NP are consulting on a suite of planning guidance that will form interim guidance over the next 2 years relating to the current Local Development Plan 2017-2021. The Local Development Plan will not be replaced until 2024 and the guidance provides clarity about the delivery of the current policies until the plan is replaced. We are seeking comments on the
guidance but we are also seeking comments to help us form the new policies in the next Local Development Plan 2024-2034.

Share your views by answering questions set out in our online consultation survey available at:

The eight week consultation opened on this December and the deadline is the 9 February 2022.

JM suggested we post this on our website and the FB page to get a wider participation.

AS to follow up.

JM proposed that we submit a communal CC response, all (CC and attendees) were in favour.

AS to follow up – if online version unsuitable, try to obtain an offline version from NP.

13) Next Meeting:

  • Monday 7 March 2022 at 19:30 in KMH

Please send in any agenda items in good time to secretary@kilmaronockcc.org.

15) AOB:

This week an ambulance attending Duncryne Terrace could not get into the layby so parked in Church Rd instead. This left little space for passing traffic and pedestrians resulting in a near collision.

Meeting closed at 21:40h.

Community Council Report:

Name of Community Council:- KILMARONOCK

Date of Report:- 07/01/2020

Submitting / officer:- PC Dale Logsdon

Crimes/Offences that have occurred in community area since last meeting

Police Report covering the period 01/11/2021 – 31/12/21
inclusive.

1 reported crime.

The Crimes can be summarised as follows;

Mobbing and Rioting 0

Wilful fire-raising 0

Common Assault 0

Theft/Att Housebreaking – Domestic 0

Theft (Unclassified) 0

Possess Drugs 0

Breach of the Peace/Disorder 0

Vandalism 0

Vehicle/traffic Crime 0

Fraud 0

Breach of Bail 0

Other 1

1 x Unknown person did allow dog to chase, corner and kill a lamb at Gartlea Farm. 1 persons or dog identified.

The above excludes fixed penalty notices issued in respect of anti-social behaviour, non-endorsable and endorsable offences (Road Traffic).

Kilmaronock Community Council
8

Some useful links for crime prevention;

Advice & Information - Police Scotland

Doorstep crime and bogus callers - Police Scotland

Updates on previous actions Incidents of note or crime trends

Forthcoming events / Initiatives

This month – Issues raised at the meeting

Contact Us

I would urge the community to continue to use Crimestoppers if wishing to leave anonymous information regarding incidents which are happening within the community.

The telephone phone number is 0800 555 111 and is operated 24hrs a day.

It should be noted that due to a recent restructure within Argyll & West Dunbartonshire Division we no longer have a dedicated Community Policing Officer for your area.

Information contained on this form has been gathered by an officer from the Community Engagement Team.

Any issues raised at the meeting will be disseminated to either Local
Policing or Problem Solving Team officers.

If you wish to contact us direct with any specific complaints or concerns, please contact the following based at Dumbarton Police Office;

Community Engagement Team Sergeant – Brian Simpson

Tel: 101

The next ordinary meeting of Kilmaronock Community Council will be held on
Monday 7 March 2022 at 7.30pm in Kilmaronock Millennium Hall

Draft Agenda

1. Sederunt

2. Apologies

3. Declaration of interest

4. Minutes of ordinary meeting 10 January

5. Matters Arising and Associated issues

6. Treasurers Report

7. Planning Matters

8. Community matters & Local Place Plan

9. Kilmaronock Community Trust

10. National Park Issues

11. West Dunbartonshire Council

12. Correspondence

13. Next meeting

14. AOCB

Kilmaronock Community Council
1
Ordinary Meeting of KCC
Monday 7th March 2022 at 7.30pm
in Kilmaronock Millennium Hall


1) Sederunt

  • KCC : Jim Morrison (JM/Chair), Andrew Sinnott (AS/Sec), Anita Anderson (AA/Treasurer) and David Scott-Park (DSP).
  • WDC : Cllr Sally Page (SP), Andy Devine (Greenspace)
  • Scot Govt : MSP Pam Gosal and 2 aides
  • KCT: Bob Shand
  • Plus 6 other members of the public

2) Apologies

  • Gavin MacLellan, Peter Page.

3) Declaration of interest for tonight’s agenda

  • None.

4) Minutes of meeting on 10th January 2022

  • Proposed as accurate by DSP, seconded by AS.

5) Matters Arising and Associated issues

The following update was received from the applicant in relation to page No. 2 of Minutes (Planning section). ‘Formation of vehicular access, car parking, footpaths and installation of bird hides.’ “The note in the KCC minutes suggests that works relating to the aforementioned planning application had commenced, but to clarify this point, the works relating to planning application have not started. From initial concept of the works, we have consulted with the Planning Department on a regular basis and they informed us, that a planning application was not required to form the pond, to prepare the flower meadow and the new farm lane, please note that all excavations to date only relate to the items work not requiring Planning Approval. Hopefully, by April we can obtain planning approval for the items within the Planning Application, this will allow us to carry on and complete the project by early summer.”

6) Treasurers Report

  1. Outgoings : Monthly web hosting.
  2. Current account balance : £951.17
  3. Benevolent fund balance : £424.01
    The end of year accounts are being prepared for auditing.

7) Planning Matters

New
Restoration of Memorial Marker
Ross Priory Gartocharn Alexandria G83 8NL
Ref. No: 2022/0038/LBC | Received: Mon 07 Feb 2022 | Validated: Tue 01 Mar
2022 | Status: Current
KCC has no comment
Diversification and intensification of training centre (class 8) to include wedding
venue (class 11) with temporary siting of marquee
Ardoch House Gartocharn Alexandria G83 8ND
Ref. No: 2022/0034/DET | Received: Fri 04 Feb 2022 | Validated: Thu 10 Feb 2022 | Status:
Current
KCC has no comment
Other
Sub-division of garden ground and erection of dwellinghouse with detached garage and waste water treatment plant
The Aber Mill Ross And Aber Road Gartocharn Alexandria G83 8NQ
Ref. No: 2021/0280/DET | Received: Thu 05 Aug 2021 | Validated: Thu 05 Aug 2021 | Status:
Decision was to Refuse
The applicants were present to discuss the Planning Authority refusal of their application.
Three reasons for refusal were given. The applicants will be appointing a new agent to prepare for appeal.

8) Community Matters/Local Place Plan

Community Garden
WDC Greenspace’s Andy Devine gave a presentation on the work of Greenspace in general and their role in Community Garden projects. The presentation will be uploaded to the KCC website page for this meeting. 

Q&A

  1. Part of Greenspace’s remit is removal of unsafe trees. A tree damaged by a lightning strike at the Old Kirk was reported a while ago but nothing was done. AD made a
    note to follow this up.
  2. In this area, everyone has their own garden so the need for a communal one is not so high. AD offered assistance (tools, equipment etc) for a communal ‘hit
    squad’ to assist elderly or disabled gardeners in their own gardens.
  3. Access to the field on offer for a community garden is mainly via a 3rd party landowner who may be inconvenienced.
  4. The field behind the Millennium Hall would be more suitable and had been looked at before for community purchase.
    Landfill Site
    WDC Waste Management’s Kenny Lang was unavailable tonight but has been given the dates of the next few meetings. A recent issue at Auchencarroch caused nauseous odours to be released. AS spoke with SEPA and was informed that a gas engine had gone down on site. Longer term issues may be related to Barr taking in more waste at this site due to closures at other sites.

9) Kilmaronock Community Trust

Aber Dam Bridge Project
It is disappointing to report that after considerable effort, Kilmaronock Community Trust (KCT) has now withdrawn from the National Park’s funding process to replace Aber Dam Bridge. This is for two reasons: firstly, the unacceptable conditions which would be imposed on KCT, and therefore its Trustees as individuals, by the NPA relating to third party liability, and secondly because one of the landowners is refusing to grant consent to allow the work to take place. 

As a Charity, KCT is not in a position to take on long term public liability responsibilities as it does not have assured funding in place. Furthermore, its volunteer Trustees are not willing to take on the negotiation of necessary land management agreements for a Core Path – that is clearly the responsibility of the National Park. KCT has informed the NPA of our position and have asked them to clarify what they will now do to ensure safe access to the footpath. KCT Trustees and our Project Management partner West Dunbartonshire Environment Trust have expended considerable effort on this project: making a successful grant application, arranging surveys of the ground and surrounds, obtaining quotes for the design and build of the bridge and consultation with landowners. We acknowledge the support of Leslie and Hilary Baxter and John Struthers and assistance from Alan McMullen.

Community Trust AGM and membership
As a Charity we require to hold an Annual General Meeting of members, which will be on 23rd March in KMH. All members will receive invitations and we are keen for new members to join us. The purpose of the Trust is to progress and deliver local projects for Community Benefit, particularly sustainable development and related to recreation, citizenship development, education, heritage and the natural environment. If anyone would like become involved in our work or attend the AGM please contact any of the trustees (details on Gartocharn.org).

Watch the Gartocharn Community Facebook page for more details.

10) National Park Issues 

Several community councillors collaborated in a joint response to the consultation on changes to the planning guidelines as a result of findings during COVID-19 visitor pressures. The consultation was very detailed so the response had been posted on the KCC web site (Link).
Several community councillors attended the NP’s virtual session on ‘Future Nature’ – policies on biodiversity, control of non-native species (flora and fauna) and reintroduction of lost native species. Next stage - Future Nature update report will go to the 14th March National Park Board to consider.
There was a discussion of the planning application for the island of Inchconnachan. Although out-with our CC area some concerns were raised to us about the Wallaby cull and the ground works affecting the ancient oak woodland which are part of a SSSI.

11) West Dunbartonshire Council

Roads
No response to request for an update on a scope of works for various sections of A811 footway.

Councillor Page
Water Safety Policy put forward by Cllr. Page has been adopted.
Budget due on Wed – cuts are to be expected due to shortfall.
Also no response from Roads Dept on outstanding issues even emergency ones.
A 2014 report on Balloch Park has been resurrected and will be updated and used to seek funding to regenerate the park.
Rather than pursue an asset transfer of Balloch Castle Country Park, it is more cost effective to alter the lease to allow WDC to keep revenue generated by the park as long as it is reinvested in the park.
General discussion on byelaws for dogs. Sheep worrying incidents seem to be on the increase. This is both costly and stressful to farmers.
DSP informed us that on 11 Jan 2022, SPARC, the Scottish Partnership Against Rural Crime, launched the national Livestock Attack and Worrying campaign with the slogan:
‘Your Dog – Your Responsibility’. Fines of up to £40,000 or 12 months imprisonment can now be imposed for livestock worrying.
Although penalty fines are now very high, if dog or owner not identified then fines cannot be imposed.

12) Correspondence

Police crime report appended. One crime recorded - Vehicle driving whilst in poor condition and license plate offence - Detected
Stirling Council – Catterburn Bridge at Croftamie – long update received and will be appended to these minutes but essentially no date given for completion.
SEPA – dialogue continuing to find an appropriate person to invite to a meeting to explain SEPA role in engaging with planners and talk about protection of water quality of the local watercourses and loch & maybe about private sewage treatment standards and flood plains etc. SP has a neighbour who may be able to help.
National Park – there is a new round of briefing sessions around Visitor Management – this is by teleconference on Fri 11th March.

13) Next Meeting

Monday 16th May 2022 at 19:30 in KMH – AGM followed by ordinary meeting.
Please send in any agenda items in good time to secretary@kilmaronockcc.org

15) AOB

Discussion again on the state of the field behind the hall. Untidy mess and leylandii spoiling the view. The chair suggested that the only solution would be for the community to purchase the field and noted that the law had changed to strengthen the community’s right to buy. 
There was a discussion on the latest right to buy legislation and MSP Pam Gosal suggested use of the levelling up fund from Westminster. KCT are monitoring the situation.
AS to follow up with KCT DSP suggested that we engage with the Hunter Foundation to see if they can revisit their sewage treatment plans to treat on site rather than pump a long way uphill to the Gartocharn Treatment Plant and use up a significant part of the capacity at the works. JM suggested we wait until we get an update on the development plans.
DSP asked about registration with the Information Commission. JM agreed to be our Data Protection Officer. DSP to follow up and register.
MSP Pam Gosal had a chat with everyone on a variety of topics raised tonight. JM thanked everyone and closed the meeting 21:00h


Community Council Report
Name of Community Council:- Kilmaronock
Date of Report:- 07/03/2020
Submitting / officer:- PC Michael Williams
Crimes/Offences that have occurred in community area since last meeting
Police Report covering the period 04/02/22 – 07/03/22
There was 1 reported crime during this period.
Vehicle driving whilst in poor condition and license plate offence -
Detected
The above excludes fixed penalty notices issued in respect of antisocial
behaviour, non-endorsable and endorsable offences (Road
Traffic).
Updates on previous actions Incidents of note or crime trends Forthcoming events / Initiatives
This month – Issues
raised at the meeting
Contact Us
I would urge the community to continue to use Crimestoppers if wishing to leave anonymous information regarding incidents which are happening within the community. The telephone phone number is 0800 555 111 and is operated 24hrs a day.
It should be noted that due to a recent restructure within Argyll & West Dunbartonshire Division we no longer have a dedicated Community Policing Officer for your area. Information contained on this form has been gathered by an officer from the Community Engagement Team. Any issues raised at the meeting will be disseminated to either Local Policing or Problem Solving Team officers.
If you wish to contact us direct with any specific complaints or concerns, please contact the following based at Dumbarton Police Office;
Community Engagement Team Sergeant – Brian Simpson
Tel: 101

Appendix 2 – Correspondence from Stirling Council
Dear Mr. Sinnott,
I have spoken with my team leader and she is waiting for further updates so that she can inform several community councils. I am hoping she will manage to get back to you before your meeting on 7th March but in case she is unable to, the latest update is: 
Bridge Engineer and Road Officers (Officers) undertake the inspections of the roads and structures on the adopted road network every 2 years in accordance with adopted specifications and procedures. Our immediate priority is to keep the road network as safe as possible and we do not wish to close roads unless there is a real need to do so. Unfortunately, the partial collapse on 30th September, 2021 of the masonry arch necessitated the full closure of the road, even to emergency vehicles. Prior to the partial collapse of the downstream parapet, Stirling Council had been risk managing the structure by keeping the road open to single lane traffic since summer, 2017 and had
instructed external consultants to progress a design solution to repair the leaning parapets.
Stirling Council is very aware of the impact upon the various communities with the diversions at B818 Branshogle and A809 CatterBurn, Croftamie. It remains one of Stirling Council's priorities to progress the solution to repair these structures as expediently as possible and reopen the B818 and A809 roads. Thereafter, we will be able to focus our resources upon maintaining other structures across our adopted road network, including structures such as at Blane Water on B834. 
Once the emergency closure and diversion route were in place, Stirling Council immediately prioritised determining and progressing a design solution for the structure. To date, much of the work has been ‘behind the scenes’ and little on site but we are now nearing the end of the design phase.
Such work also included securing funding to progress the repair of the structure, liaising with multiple internal and external organisations and the communities involved. Re-routing council services such as winter maintenance, waste services and transport (for education). The feasibility of alternative proposals has also been considered and the solutions to progress the solution with most efficient, balanced with minimal community impact (across the board), has been and is being progressed. Stirling Council has also considered alternative options such as installing a temporary bridge. Due to road alignment and also the need to ensure that the load path does not impose undue loads on the existing structure, is was not deemed feasible to pursue this route. Furthermore, the installation of the temporary structure could have an adverse environmental impact upon the community or conflict with the remedial solution for the bridge repairs with respect to programme or feasibility. In order to limit
the impact to the community, Stirling Council has been perusing the option for repair of Catterburn Bridge as quickly as possible and with an efficient programme.
It has been determined that the existing arch remains fit for use and therefore the preferred route will be a traditional take down to arch and rebuild. Design for repair work including compilation of design drawings and tender package is ongoing and we anticipate to have a complete design by midmonth.
Once the design phase is completed, the tender documents will be issued as part of the Tender Process. Contractors will be requested to submit construction programmes along with their  tender submissions and a tender review process will be undertaken. Shortly after this, Stirling Council hopes to award the contract to the successful contractor.
We are now nearing the end of the design phase for Catterburn Bridge. We have undertaken survey and ground investigation work and engaged with several external organisations in order to progress the design, including speaking with the Public Utility organisations. Trial pits have also been undertaken to help progress the design solution. We have also been engaging with SEPA, Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park Authority and sought early contractor engagement with contractors who have expressed an interest in the project. Ongoing discussions are still underway with Nature Scot and Loch Lomond and Trossachs Planning Team. Our preference would be to
commission works which would not trigger a planning application. 
Unfortunately, these processes do take time but this also allows Stirling Council and the other parties to work as professionally and diligently as possible to provide a considered feasible solution and we have been striving to progress matters as quickly as possible, employing measures such as early contractor engagement, issuing prompt instructions to our external consultants (who were already on board) to progress feasible design solutions, etc. We have immediately engaged with multiple
stakeholder organisations such as SEPA, LLTNPA, PU’s Forth Fisheries and commissioned various surveys in order to progress the design solution.
My apologies that I am unable to give you any firm dates for completion; this is because we do not, at this particular time, have any finalised construction programmes. But Stirling Council is applying pressure (and will continue to do so) to progress the solution across all parties to reopen the A809 at the earliest opportunity, once it is safe to do so.
Yours Sincerely,
Lorna Cooper BEng (Hons) MSc
Bridge Engineer
Bridges Flooding and Drainage
Stirling Council
Endrick House
Stirling, FK7 7SZ

The next ordinary meeting of Kilmaronock Community Council will be held on
Monday 16th May 2022 at 7.30pm in Kilmaronock Millennium Hall

DRAFT AGENDA

 

  1. Sederunt
  2. Apologies
  3. Declaration of interest
  4. Minutes of ordinary meeting 7th March
  5. Matters Arising and Associated issues
  6. Treasurers Report
  7. Planning Matters
  8. Community matters & Local Place Plan
  9. Kilmaronock Community Trust
  10. National Park Issues
  11. West Dunbartonshire Council
  12. Correspondence
  13. AOCB
  14. Next meeting 4th July

The Annual General Meeting of Kilmaronock Community Council will be held on Monday 16th May 2022 at 7.30pm in Kilmaronock Millennium Hall, Gartocharn

AGENDA

 

  1. Sederunt
  2. Apologies
  3. Minutes of the last AGM
  4. Chairman's report
  5. Treasurers Report
  6. Secretary's report
  7. Election of Office Bearers
  8. Appointment of representatives
  9. Appointment of independent examiner
  10. AOCB
  11. Date of next AGM
  12. Meeting schedule for coming year