West Dunbartonshire Council is consulting on draft Conservation Area Appraisals for four Conservation Areas:
- High Dalmuir, Clydebank
- Knoxland Square, Dumbarton
- Lusset Road and Mount Pleasant Drive, Old Kilpatrick.
The Council is keen for the local community to help shape the final versions of the Appraisals and a public consultation is open until Friday 16th February 2018.
As part of the consultation you are invited to a set of public drop-in exhibitions where you will be able to find out more information about the Conservation Area Appraisals, and any suggested boundary changes, and give us your feedback and suggestions.
- High Dalmuir Conservation Area - Thursday 23rd November 2pm-6.30pm at Dalmuir CE Centre, Duntocher Road.
- Lusset Road & Mount Pleasant Drive Conservation Areas, Old Kilpatrick - Monday 4th December 3pm- 7pm, Napier Hall, Old Kilpatrick.
- Knoxland Square Conservation Area, Dumbarton - Monday 11th December 3pm- 7pm, Concord Community Centre, Dumbarton Town Centre.
What are Conservation Area Appraisals?
The Council has a duty to review its Conservation Areas by undertaking ‘Character Appraisals’. These have been produced for the Council by the Scottish Civic Trust. Conservation Area Appraisals define the special qualities of the area, looking at its history and development, and its character and appearance. They include proposals for the preservation, management and enhancement of the Conservation Area.
As part of the Appraisal process, the boundaries of the Conservation Areas have also been reviewed. Some areas currently outside the boundaries have been considered for inclusion in extensions to the Conservation Areas.
Once adopted, the Character Appraisals will form Planning Guidance to guide future development in the area, and will be a material consideration in assessing planning applications.
You can view the draft Appraisals here:
- High Dalmuir Draft Conservation Area Appraisal
- Knoxland Square Draft Conservation Area Appraisal
- Lusset Road and Mount Pleasant Drive Draft Conservation Area Appraisal
For further information, or to send us any comments, please contact us on:
- Email: email@example.com (please indicate which Conservation Area your comments are for)
- Telephone: 0141 951 7940 and ask to speak to James Hall.
- Write to: Forward Planning Team, Planning and Building Standards, Aurora House, Aurora Avenue, Queen’s Quay, Clydebank G81 1BF
The closing date for your comments is 5pm on Friday 16th February 2018.