Working 4U - Money is part of West Dunbartonshire Council Housing and Employability Services. We provide assistance to residents of West Dunbartonshire with a variety of issues relating to in and out of work benefits and debt.
We are also part of West Dunbartonshire Advice Partnership, which includes Citizens Advice Bureau and the Independent Resource Centre.
Who do we work in partnership with?
We are experienced in partnership working with other agencies, such as:
- Macmillan Cancer Support (Including Improving the Cancer Journey Programme)
- Health & Social Care Partnership
- Other departments within WDC
- Community Learning and Development
- Employability Team
We have aligned services with Community Learning & Development and Employability Services to provide additional support for residents looking to prepare for work or get back to work. It allows us to provide residents with a variety of services to support those who are ‘out of work’.
We specialise in supporting those affected by;
- Mental Health
- Learning Disability
- Other Long Term Health Conditions & Disabilities
Long Term Unemployment
What do we do?
We provide assistance with:
- Benefit claims
- Benefit Appeal Representation
- Budgeting Advice
- Debt Advice & Routes out of debt
- Fuel related issues
- Referrals to Social Care Services
- Access to Employability Support Services
- Access to further Learning Opportunities
- Referrals to Housing
Our officers take a holistic approach in their work practice and can also refer onto other services such as: Home Energy Scotland, Homecare, Community Alarm and many more.
Services we offer:
Please Note: Face to face services are currently unavailable
- Dumbarton, 16 Church Street, Dumbarton
- Alexandria Housing Hub, Mitchell Way, Alexandria
- Clydebank, Town Centre Office, Sylvania Way South, Clydebank
- Mental Health Services, Clydebank & Dumbarton (for service users of Goldenhill & Riverview Resource Centres)
- Beatson, Gartnavel & Vale of Leven Hospitals – for those affected by cancer, this is funded by Macmillan Cancer Support
- Home Visits are available in exceptional circumstances
How to contact us:
If you would like to make a referral to our service, please complete the online referral form which can be found at:
Alternatively, contact us by telephone using the details below:
- Working 4 U - Money - 01389 776929
- Freephone Referral Line - 0800 980 9070