WDC/WDTRO Liaison Meeting No.78

23 June 2022, 1:30pm Via Zoom

List of Those Present at Meeting

  • Councillor Diane Docherty - Housing Convenor
  • Frances McGonagle - Littleholm TRA
  • June Todd - WDTRO
  • Ruth Dickinson - Willox Park TRA
  • Mary Paton - Willox Park TRA
  • Alan Young - Housing Asset & Investment Manager
  • John Kerr - Housing Development & Homelessness Manager
  • Jane Mack - Snr Housing Development Officer (Tenant Participation) - Chaired meeting
  • Ian Dickson - Vice Housing Convenor
  • David Lynch - Area Co-ordinator
  • Martin Feeney - Building Services Manager
  • Nicola Pettigrew - Housing Manager
  • Scott McLellan - Area Co-ordinator
  • Stefan Kristmanns - Housing Development Co-ordinator
  • Hanne Thijs - Housing Development (Tenant Participation) - minute taker

Welcome, introductions and apologies

Diane (as housing convener) thanked tenants for being involved and appreciated what a great job they did representing tenants.

Apologies received from Harry McCormack, Georgia McCambley, Peter Barry, Tracy Crichton, Janette Donlin and Jacqui Peacock.

Chairing of meeting was delegated to Jane as Diane has to leave early for a funeral and Frances had unreliable internet due to a recent move.

Issues arising from update on actions from previous minutes – copy of updated actions issued ahead of meeting

Re-let standard is under review as part of the Void working group.

Dedicated repairs team for multi-stories –been delays due to training but Martin advised should be up and running by end of May.

Traffic management at Willox Park – demolition completed. Traffic management plan will be in place for the construction phase and will be shared with tenants.

Traffic calming at Willox Park – Scott has spoken to manager of Roads and are looking at more long term approach and Scott will update Mary (Willox) next week after meeting with Roads dept.

Kilbowie Court – caretakers are going down regularly. Interviews have taken place to recruit new, full-time caretaker and an experienced caretaker will be deployed to Kilbowie as it’s on its own and the new caretaker trained up at other buildings.

Lift protocol will be updated with new procedure once development of text messaging is fully tested and have established who best to activate it – David Lynch confirmed is being worked on.

Repairs call handling update – copy of data for Feb distributed ahead of meeting

Jane shared screen, generally shows good improvement - number of calls abandoned is falling, amount of time on calls has reduced and queue time has reduced.

Agreed to continue to monitor to ensure improvements continue

Repairs performance monitoring – update on quarter 4 (Jan-Mar) - copy distributed ahead of meeting

Performance info shared on screen and Martin explained the figures.

Looking to reduce repairs in system to 2000-2500, currently sitting at approx. 3100.

Worrying trend of cancelled appointments for no access, doing analysis to find out why this is happening to reduce it.

Big increase in numbers of people responding to satisfaction survey which makes satisfaction levels more significant.

Number of backlog repairs (reported prior to 26/4/21) is greatly reduced, 71 noted and Martin advised now down to 42.

Ruth asked about specific example of dealing with neighbours repair - Martin will look in to this.

Diane asked if there was information on whether tenant or WDC are cancelling appointments. Martin will share this information. She also asked whether sometimes WDC doesn’t turn up as been reported to her and Martin will look for this information.

Diane asked how much notice tenants get and Martin confirmed they get confirmation of the appointment when it is made and they are sent texts the day before and on the day.

Action: Martin to share information on cancelled repairs and split between WDC not attending or tenant not there to give access.

Diane and Ian left the meeting.

Update on Tenant Priority Budget - briefing note shared ahead of meeting

Jane read through the briefing note. Martin noted that is a big budget and would like to see lots more and bigger proposals.

Jane noted that proposals are sometimes slow to be completed and this makes it harder to get people to buy into the process - should be a good news story.

Stefan noted that estate walkabouts will be useful to generate more proposals and if these get embedded throughout the district then a good opportunity to raise new proposals.

John queried projects at Haldane to ask if these could have formed part of original plan. Hanne advised that these have come from new tenants so wouldn’t necessarily have been able to foresee these at building stage.

Frances asked about Littleholm laundries and Hanne advised still waiting on information back from architects and number of reminders been sent to them – will hopefully have an update for the public meeting on 11/5

Charter Action Plan updates – shared prior to meeting

Verbal updates on outstanding actions given;

Review of repairs categorisations

Martin advised that struggling to recruit staff, looking at ways to get past this including agencies and subcontractors so not been able to improve response times. Categorisations have been reviewed and Martin happy to share this.

Action: Martin will share information on categorisation of repairs.

WDTRO suggested people get text confirmation of when repairs are put on the system. Martin advised that texts are sent when repair is logged as well as repair appointment date/time.

Stefan reminded re previous discussions to reduce jobs being cancelled may be worth texting before any repair is cancelled. Martin thinks this happens at the moment and will get an update. Stefan suggested using the Housing News as way of promoting improvement to the repair reporting process.

Action: Martin to confirm cancellation process and share.

Update on self-service portal - John appreciated the frustrations with the delays in the self-service portal and was able to update that parts of portal will be phased in and keen to making portal as tenant friendly as possible - is currently a development action.

Jane spoke through the written responses received from Housing Operations.

Scott noted that the recent walkabouts hadn’t used the template but that updates had been shared via email and template sheet will be used in future. Mary thanked Scott for walkabout, she noted that 30-40 points raised, but only 5 being monitored. Scott gave brief update and said that these 5 are starting point which are being progressed and others may take longer.

Jane suggested that template could still be used and the list of issues added to it so that outcomes could be recorded - Mary and Scott agreed.

Action: Jane to remind Martin about putting his responses in writing.

Stefan noted that good walkabouts are taking place and could be highlighted in Housing News.

Forward Plan update (John Kerr)

Queens Quay – Agreed handover date is in August, 29 properties. Clydebank HA handing over in the next few weeks, then Wheatley group. Site C, nearer to Town Hall 

hoping to develop over time, looking to complement existing properties, maybe family homes, approximately 20 homes in current plans, also complicated as require to provide road (approx. £.5m cost), maybe looking at buying next door land to build 70/80 homes which would help to cover costs.

Clydebank East redevelopment. – hope to be onsite by end of calendar year. Planning permission still required and hoping to get approval Summer 2022.

Pappert, Bonhill – hopefully get onsite this calendar year

Willox Park – site start before end of calendar year –plans will be discussed with residents there. Construction phase is about 14 months.

Future development sites – Mount Pleasant and Clydebank old health centre – discussions ongoing.

Brunswick, Montreal and Quebec (related info circulated ahead of meeting) – John spoke through figures and are on track.

Buy back scheme – Good news as WDC secured match funding from Scottish Government (SG). Could potentially do 30 over the next year with SG funding. House market is buoyant and can’t go over 10% of home report value so may miss out on some purchases.

Capital Programme being refreshed and looking at making sure programme delivers on tenant priorities and ensure that we able to meet sustainability targets. Will be looking for tenant involvement with this.

LHS – recently approved, 11 regeneration areas, governance group set up (meets for the first time next week). 3 town centre areas as future regeneration areas.

SHIP – positive feedback from Scot Gov. and good partnership with Health and Social Care. Have over programmed and provides opportunity to draw additional money into WD and increase supply of affordable housing.

Homelessness – presentations have increased by14% in WDC - not a surprise as poverty and domestic abuse are main drivers and both have been on the increase. Tenant Hardship fund from Scottish Government, £250k been fully utilised - was used to help people becoming homeless, 239 households helped.

Mary asked about phase 2 of Willox Park, drying areas put in but no level area or paving slabs so not accessible. John acknowledged Mary’s email and is waiting on feedback from various officers and will reply directly to Mary.

Ruth said that had looked in to this and had read that it’s not allowed to use communal space for drying greens -  John said that no reason why it couldn’t be used though less common that it in front of properties. Ruth felt it also creates hazard for cars when washing flapping on line and thought telescopic dryers would be better. John confirmed he would look into it and report back to them both.

Tenant Participation update (Jane Mack)

TRA activities continue to increase as restrictions are lifted and Hanne providing support where needed. New TRA been set up in Haldane – well attended meeting and will meet on first Monday of the month. New group at Whitecrook getting themselves established and looking to join WDTRO when meetings are in person. Tullichewan TRA celebrating their 50th anniversary which is a fantastic achievement and will be featured in an article in the Housing news. They are also organising a number of social events to help celebrate this milestone.

Tenant Priority Budget – public meeting arranged for the Wed 11 May at 10am via zoom.

Full JRG meeting took place on 24/3 with focus on void budget and the tenants met on 21/4 to discuss further. At next full JRG on 26 May, still looking at void budget in relation to the Revenue Budget matrix that had been created and hopefully updates on outstanding actions will be available.

The Scrutiny Panel have reconvened and have been looking over current housing performance data and particularly in areas they have scrutinised before. As part of their review of previous scrutiny areas they intend doing a short survey of new tenants to assess if the good practices in relation to new tenant visits are still in place and how effective they are.

Work on the Summer Housing News has started and the deadline for articles is 11/5. Any staff or groups can submit an article - useful communication tool and want to ensure that tenants have access to the right information as well as interesting news.

AOCB

Nothing raised

Date of meeting

  • 1:30pm, Thursday 23rd June 2022, maybe via Zoom or hybrid

WDC/WDTRO Liaison Meeting No.78

Thursday 28 April 2022, 1:30pm Via Zoom

 

List of Those Present:

  • Councillor Diane Docherty - Housing Convenor
  • Frances McGonagle - Littleholm TRA
  • June Todd - WDTRO
  • Ruth Dickinson - Willox Park TRA
  • Mary Paton - Willox Park TRA
  • Alan Young - Housing Asset & Investment Manager
  • John Kerr - Housing Development & Homelessness Manager
  • Jane Mack - Snr Housing Development Officer (Tenant Participation ) - chaired meeting
  • Ian Dickson - Vice Housing Convenor
  • David Lynch - Area Co-ordinator
  • Martin Feeney - Building Services Manager
  • Nicola Pettigrew - Housing Manager
  • Scott McLellan - Area Co-ordinator
  • Stefan Kristmanns - Housing Development Co-ordinator
  • Hanne Thjis - Housing Development Officer (Tenant Participation) - minute taker

Agenda Items

Welcome, introductions and apologies

Diane (as housing convener) thanked tenants for being involved and appreciated what a great job they did representing tenants.

Apologies received from Harry McCormack, Georgia McCambley, Peter Barry, Tracy Crichton, Janette Donlin and Jacqui Peacock.

Chairing of meeting was delegated to Jane as Diane has to leave early for a funeral and Frances had unreliable internet due to a recent move.

Issues arising from update on actions from previous minutes – copy of updated actions issued ahead of meeting

Re-let standard is under review as part of the Void working group.

Dedicated repairs team for multi-stories –been delays due to training but Martin advised should be up and running by end of May.

Traffic management at Willox Park – demolition completed. Traffic management plan will be in place for the construction phase and will be shared with tenants.

Traffic calming at Willox Park – Scott has spoken to manager of Roads and are looking at more long term approach and Scott will update Mary (Willox) next week after meeting with Roads dept.

Kilbowie Court – caretakers are going down regularly. Interviews have taken place to recruit new, full-time caretaker and an experienced caretaker will be deployed to Kilbowie as it’s on its own and the new caretaker trained up at other buildings.

Lift protocol will be updated with new procedure once development of text messaging is fully tested and have established who best to activate it – David Lynch confirmed is being worked on.

Repairs call handling update – copy of data for Feb distributed ahead of meeting

Jane shared screen, generally shows good improvement - number of calls abandoned is falling, amount of time on calls has reduced and queue time has reduced.

Agreed to continue to monitor to ensure improvements continue.

Repairs performance monitoring – update on quarter 4 (Jan-Mar) - copy distributed ahead of meeting

Performance info shared on screen and Martin explained the figures.

Looking to reduce repairs in system to 2000-2500, currently sitting at approx. 3100.

Worrying trend of cancelled appointments for no access, doing analysis to find out why this is happening to reduce it.

Big increase in numbers of people responding to satisfaction survey which makes satisfaction levels more significant.

Number of backlog repairs (reported prior to 26/4/21) is greatly reduced, 71 noted and Martin advised now down to 42.

Ruth asked about specific example of dealing with neighbours repair - Martin will look in to this.

Diane asked if there was information on whether tenant or WDC are cancelling appointments. Martin will share this information. She also asked whether sometimes WDC doesn’t turn up as been reported to her and Martin will look for this information.

Diane asked how much notice tenants get and Martin confirmed they get confirmation of the appointment when it is made and they are sent texts the day before and on the day.

Action: Martin to share information on cancelled repairs and split between WDC not attending or tenant not there to give access.

Diane and Ian left the meeting.

Update on Tenant Priority Budget - briefing note shared ahead of meeting

Jane read through the briefing note. Martin noted that is a big budget and would like to see lots more and bigger proposals.
Jane noted that proposals are sometimes slow to be completed and this makes it harder to get people to buy into the process - should be a good news story.

Stefan noted that estate walkabouts will be useful to generate more proposals and if these get embedded throughout the district then a good opportunity to raise new proposals.

John queried projects at Haldane to ask if these could have formed part of original plan. Hanne advised that these have come from new tenants so wouldn’t necessarily have been able to foresee these at building stage.

Frances asked about Littleholm laundries and Hanne advised still waiting on information back from architects and number of reminders been sent to them – will hopefully have an update for the public meeting on 11/5.

Charter Action Plan updates – shared prior to meeting

Verbal updates on outstanding actions given;

Review of repairs categorisations

Martin advised that struggling to recruit staff, looking at ways to get past this including agencies and subcontractors so not been able to improve response times. Categorisations have been reviewed and Martin happy to share this.

Action: Martin will share information on categorisation of repairs.

WDTRO suggested people get text confirmation of when repairs are put on the system. Martin advised that texts are sent when repair is logged as well as repair appointment date/time.

Stefan reminded re previous discussions to reduce jobs being cancelled may be worth texting before any repair is cancelled. Martin thinks this happens at the moment and will get an update. Stefan suggested using the Housing News as way of promoting improvement to the repair reporting process.

Action: Martin to confirm cancellation process and share.

Update on self-service portal - John appreciated the frustrations with the delays in the self-service portal and was able to update that parts of portal will be phased in and keen to making portal as tenant friendly as possible - is currently a development action.

Jane spoke through the written responses received from Housing Operations.

Scott noted that the recent walkabouts hadn’t used the template but that updates had been shared via email and template sheet will be used in future. Mary thanked Scott for walkabout, she noted that 30-40 points raised, but only 5 being monitored. Scott gave brief update and said that these 5 are starting point which are being progressed and others may take longer.

Jane suggested that template could still be used and the list of issues added to it so that outcomes could be recorded - Mary and Scott agreed.

Action: Jane to remind Martin about putting his responses in writing.

Stefan noted that good walkabouts are taking place and could be highlighted in Housing News.

Forward Plan update (John Kerr)

Queens Quay – Agreed handover date is in August, 29 properties. Clydebank HA handing over in the next few weeks, then Wheatley group. Site C, nearer to Town Hall hoping to develop over time, looking to complement existing properties, maybe family homes, approximately 20 homes in current plans, also complicated as require to provide road (approx. £.5m cost), maybe looking at buying next door land to build 70/80 homes which would help to cover costs.

Clydebank East redevelopment. – hope to be onsite by end of calendar year. Planning permission still required and hoping to get approval Summer 2022.

Pappert, Bonhill – hopefully get onsite this calendar year

Willox Park – site start before end of calendar year –plans will be discussed with residents there. Construction phase is about 14 months.

Future development sites – Mount Pleasant and Clydebank old health centre – discussions ongoing.

Brunswick, Montreal and Quebec (related info circulated ahead of meeting) – John spoke through figures and are on track.

Buy back scheme – Good news as WDC secured match funding from Scottish Government (SG). Could potentially do 30 over the next year with SG funding. House market is buoyant and can’t go over 10% of home report value so may miss out on some purchases.

Capital Programme being refreshed and looking at making sure programme delivers on tenant priorities and ensure that we able to meet sustainability targets. Will be looking for tenant involvement with this.

LHS – recently approved, 11 regeneration areas, governance group set up (meets for the first time next week). 3 town centre areas as future regeneration areas.

SHIP – positive feedback from Scot Gov. and good partnership with Health and Social Care. Have over programmed and provides opportunity to draw additional money into WD and increase supply of affordable housing.

Homelessness – presentations have increased by14% in WDC - not a surprise as poverty and domestic abuse are main drivers and both have been on the increase. Tenant Hardship fund from Scottish Government, £250k been fully utilised - was used to help people becoming homeless, 239 households helped.

Mary asked about phase 2 of Willox Park, drying areas put in but no level area or paving slabs so not accessible. John acknowledged Mary’s email and is waiting on feedback from various officers and will reply directly to Mary.

Ruth said that had looked in to this and had read that it’s not allowed to use communal space for drying greens -  John said that no reason why it couldn’t be used though less common that it in front of properties. Ruth felt it also creates hazard for cars when washing flapping on line and thought telescopic dryers would be better. John confirmed he would look into it and report back to them both.

Tenant Participation update (Jane Mack)

TRA activities continue to increase as restrictions are lifted and Hanne providing support where needed. New TRA been set up in Haldane – well attended meeting and will meet on first Monday of the month. New group at Whitecrook getting themselves established and looking to join WDTRO when meetings are in person. Tullichewan TRA celebrating their 50th anniversary which is a fantastic achievement and will be featured in an article in the Housing news. They are also organising a number of social events to help celebrate this milestone.

Tenant Priority Budget – public meeting arranged for the Wed 11 May at 10am via zoom.

Full JRG meeting took place on 24/3 with focus on void budget and the tenants met on 21/4 to discuss further. At next full JRG on 26 May, still looking at void budget in relation to the Revenue Budget matrix that had been created and hopefully updates on outstanding actions will be available.

The Scrutiny Panel have reconvened and have been looking over current housing performance data and particularly in areas they have scrutinised before. As part of their review of previous scrutiny areas they intend doing a short survey of new tenants to assess if the good practices in relation to new tenant visits are still in place and how effective they are.

Work on the Summer Housing News has started and the deadline for articles is 11/5. Any staff or groups can submit an article - useful communication tool and want to ensure that tenants have access to the right information as well as interesting news.

AOCB

Nothing raised

Date of meeting

  • 1:30pm, Thursday 23 June 2022, maybe via Zoom or hybrid

 

WDC/WDTRO Liaison Meeting No.76 Thursday 24th February 2022, 1:30pm Via Zoom

 List of those present at meeting:

  • Councillor Diane Docherty - Housing Convener (chaired meeting)
  • Frances McGonagle - Littleholm TRA
  • June Todd - WDTRO
  • Ruth Dickinson - Willox Park TRA
  • Mary Paton - Willox Park TRA
  • Alan Young - Housing Asset & Investment Manager
  • John Kerr - Housing Development & Homelessness Manager
  • Jane Mack - Senior Housing Development Officer ( Tenant Participation ) -minute taker
  • David Lynch - Area co-ordinator
  • Martin Feeney - Building Services Manger
  • Suzanne Marshall - Area co-ordinator
  • Scott McLelland - Area co-ordinator
  • Stefan Kristmanns - Housing Development Co-ordinator
  • Chris Young - Project Development Officer

Agenda item

Welcome, introductions and apologies


Diane welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Jane introduced Chris Young who has joined the Communities team and attending meeting just to observe. 

Apologies been received from Harry McCormack, Georgia McCambley, Nicola Pettigrew, Hanne Thijs, Tracy Crichton, Ruth Dickinson , Janette Donlin and Jacqui Peacock. 

Diane acknowledged the loss of Polly Wheelans who had passed away the previous month and the contribution she and all volunteers who give their time to meetings and improving their communities make. She will be sadly missed from the WDTRO for her contributions and for being such a lovely person.

 

Issues arising from update on actions from previous minutes – copy of updated actions issued ahead of meeting

Better Homes Group pursuing potential for additional sockets being included in a Capital programme and update to be given to Liaison as well as JRG. Martin Feeney, later in meeting when he was able to reconnect, was able to confirm that staff have now been made aware of the USB sockets and have them in stock so can be fitted when requested. Relocating sockets can also be done where the existing wiring will allow and should be requested via repairs. 

Training for the dedicated repairs team for MSF s arranged for end of Feb/ first week in March so is progressing.

Lessons learnt from lift off at Littleholm include new text alert procedure being developed and has been successfully tested. Maintaining current phones numbers will be critical as is a separate system from housing system so staff will keep it up to date with any changes. Scott also confirmed that there will also be posters put up either by caretakers or the out of hours ASB team.

 

Repairs call handling update – copy of data for Dec/Jan distributed ahead of meeting

Everyone happy with the continued improvement in call handling times though waiting times still not at pre-pandemic times. Monitoring to continue.

 

Repairs performance monitoring – update on quarter 3(Oct-Dec)- copy distributed ahead of meeting

Stefan talked through the performance information shared on screen. Average non- emergency repair target not met but mainly due to older repairs getting completed which increases the average time. Right First Time target also missed due to older repairs being out of target. All gas safety checks been done within year anniversary as required. Satisfaction levels also been gradually increasing and this is also with an increase in surveys being completed so the response rate is higher and can be considered more accurate.

Level of backlog repairs down to 116 and these due to needing scaffolding which is in scarce supply. Councillor Docherty asked about contact as most of the complaints she deals with were in relation to tenants not being kept up dated. Martin advised that they have created a new post to help planners so they are in a better position to re-organise jobs if staff are off sick or any other changes needed and be able to contact the tenant. 

Stefan asked about potential for sending text before jobs get cancelled as discussed at Joint Rent Group and Martin confirmed it is being trialled with emergency repairs and will keep meeting updated on progress.

What is the current procedure over handing back keys after end of tenancy? – Concern over practice of some outgoing tenants being told to just put keys through the letterbox and door then gets forced by housing. How many forced entries have been done and at what cost? – termination information distributed ahead of meeting.

Suzanne Marshall advised that had had to pull back from officers meeting people to collect keys and this was the best way to do it. Within the figures for forced entries will include properties that had been abandoned and have found an increase in them as offices are closed. As offices re-open should see a reduction in forced entries. 

June asked where in Clydebank tenants can hand in keys and it was confirmed that the One Stop Shop in the shopping centre was re-opening from 7/3 and tenants can make an appointment to see staff or hand in keys. Scott confirmed too that the Church Street office re-opens 7/3 by appointment so Dumbarton tenants can see staff or hand in keys there. Arrangements also in place for Alexandria tenants at Mitchell Way.

 

When will Housing Officers return to being area-based following temporary changes to help tackle current backlog?- update provided ahead of meeting.

In addition to the update provided ahead of the meeting, Suzanne summarised that have made some inroads but want to retain specialist functions to bring performance back to where they want it so pilot being extended for further 6 months ( until Sept ).

 

Forward Plan update (John Kerr)

Local Housing Strategy (LHS) been agreed by Council and now also endorsed by the HSCP so progressing and will now implement a delivery group.

Dumbarton Harbour now complete and all tenants have moved in – 195 properties there including the Housing Association ones.

As previously advised Queens Quay completion being delayed due to delays in materials for the main access road. The properties are progressing well but can’t be relet until the road is completed so will need to lie for a period with security in place.

Clydebank East redevelopment hoping to be onsite by August but plans still needs to be agreed at Planning committee meeting on 30 March.

Pappert contract being put together and looking at a August/September start date. Willox Park consultation is ongoing and the demolition of the old care home planned for the end of February/ beginning of March.

Also have a few sites where are engaging with landlords for future development sites e.g a private landlord in Bonhill and the NHS re the old Clydebank Health Centre.

At Brunswick, Montreal and Quebec a number of tenants have already been rehoused so are ahead of target but timescales can vary. Housing Officer closely involved and ongoing community information sharing important.

 Question asked about the demolition at Willox Park and if fencing will be put up around the site and John confirmed there would be. Further question asked about whether a one way system would be introduced as tenants worried about increase in traffic and it is a combined road and pavement there. John advised that there will be a traffic management system put in place to ensure safety and he will share it with the WDTRO. Another question asked about Willox Park in relation to the existing sheltered properties as one was meant to be used as a sample and is there any progress on that? John confirmed that progress had been delayed by tendering as no contractor had responded but going back out to tender and hoping more contractors will take it on.

Ruth raised issue of traffic calming for Willox Park as had raised it with Roads but they had said it wasn’t an adopted road so Housing responsibility. Scott confirmed that if not an adopted road then would be Housing’s responsibility and can be looked at during walkabout arranged for the following week.

Action: John to share traffic management for Willox Park.

Action: Scott to look at traffic calming possibilities at Willox Park walkabout.

 

Tenant Participation update (Jane Mack)

Spring HN due to be delivered 11 March and will only be a 4 page edition to get it distributed ahead of the 8 week purdah period that happens before any election.

Apologies given to anyone whose article didn’t make it into smaller version and some stories will be kept for the next edition or included in next TP update.

The Scrutiny Panel been having a break since they presented their last report to the HIB in October but are meeting again on 4/3 to get updates on previous action plans and begin to assess Housing’s current performance data to decide what they want to scrutinise next.

TPAS and TIS have a few virtual events being promoted -TIS event on Housing, Engagement, and Net Zero Ambitions on 24 March 1:00 – 4:00pm on zoom. TPAS are also now having their conference at the Golden Jubilee Hotel in Clydebank Friday 10 June – Sunday 12 June so might make it easier for more to go for specific days once the programme is announced and will share the programme as soon as it’s released.

TRA activity continues to increase as restrictions are easing and Risk st and Willox Park are even planning their AGMs.Hanne been chasing up progress on Tenant Priority Budget proposals agreed and has a meeting next week with Repairs as well as visits arranged for some more bigger proposals and once they costed up will arrange another public meeting.

 

AOCB

Frances raised concerns about caretaking at Dalmuir re lifts not getting done, them only working till 2pm, and caretakers at Littleholm saying they been told to focus on outside area around the flats not the lifts. David confirmed that they were back to their core hours so finish at 4pm and are specifically told to focus on the lifts and common touch areas and then can inspect outside areas. Scott explained that the early finish was to reduce exposure during covid pandemic and they didn’t take breaks so they finished early.

Jane raised an issue about Kilbowie Court on behalf of Georgia as they still don’t have a dedicated caretaker and the lifts weren’t getting done twice daily or the back stairs being inspected as lights had been out for weeks and when Georgia eventually phoned repairs they hadn’t been reported. David acknowledged that there was an issue at Kilbowie Court and the caretaker had been having problems with school kids hanging around and being abusive. The basic duties should still have been getting done by mobile team and David will make sure that they inspect the stairs and report communal repairs. David also confirmed that have got approval for 4 additional caretakers and one of them will be for Kilbowie Court.

Action: David to ensure that stairs are checked and communal repairs reported at Kilbowie Court until permanent caretaker in post.

 

Date of meeting – 1:30pm, Thursday 28 April 2022, maybe via Zoom or hybrid

WDTRO 17 December 2020 actions

WDTRO 17 December 2020 actions
Who Agreed Action When by Progress

John/Nicola/Martin

( Better Homes Group)
Additional sockets and limitations of electrical boards and wiring being looked as potential capital programme being looked at by Better Homes group. 02/02/2022

Ongoing

NP update 21/4/22 the re-let standard is under review as part of the Void Working Group, Suzanne Marshall is leading the review and timescale has been revised to end September 2022.

16/6 update– confirmed that also being looked at by Better Homes Group and will be included in review of Capital programme discussions.

WDTRO 25 February 2021 actions

WDTRO 25 February 2021 actions
Who Agreed When by Progress
Martin Feeney

WDTRO to be kept updated on progress of pilot of dedicated repairs staff for MSF communal repairs (including fire doors).

22/04/2021

Ongoing

14/2/22 Martec (training provider) now able to do training face to face with selected staff and due to be done end of this month or 1st week in March.

MF Update 28/4/22 - should be up and running by end of May

MF Update 23/06/22 – due to availability of resources and demands placed on service; it hasn’t been possible to commence with the enhanced service in terms of a dedicated team working in MSFs. We are currently recruiting and having some limited success. 12 apprentices also complete their apprenticeships this year who will be offered contracts as craft workers. We are also building resilience with new back up contractors which may help free internal resources. The delay is regrettable, but unavoidable and we will have the enhanced service in place no later than end of August. 

WDTRO 24 February 2022 actions

WDTRO 25 February 2021 actions
Who Agreed When by Progress

Scott McLelland

Scott to look at traffic calming possibilities at Willox Park walkabout.

ASAP

 SMcL update 21/4/22 - Walkabout with residents group been completed. A number of issues raised have been addressed. A further site visit with road engineer is need in relation to any calming measures. This will be completed by end of April 22.

28/4/22 – actions from walkabout to be transferred onto walkabout template so that officers and tenants can keep track of progress.

SMcL update 16/6/22- Completed and sent to Mary Paton

16/6- traffic calming plan to be chased up with Roads as well as updates on outstanding issues raised at walkabout

Nicola Pettigrew

Lift protocol to be updated with new procedure.

 

NP update 16/6/22 - IHMS Board held 13/6 and update provided to advise outstanding text notification element to tenants effected during lift problems expected for completion July.  Housing Operations will link with GW to progress implementation.

WDTRO 28 April 2022 actions

 

WDTRO 25 February 2021 actions
Who Agreed When by Progress

Martin Feeney

Martin to share information on cancelled repairs and split between WDC not attending or tenant not there to give access.

ASAP

 

Detail of all cancelled jobs 2022/2023 year to date; these include no accesses which was the request.

Detail of all cancelled jobs 2022/2023 year to date
General Code Description Total

ABUSE    

Abusive Tenant               

1

ANIMAL   

Dangerous Animal                       

0

ASB      

Asbestos                     

1

CANCEL   

Cancelled COVID19            

6

CRIME    

Crime Scene                  

0

DUPREP   

Duplicate Repair             

207

ERROR    

Raised In Error              

291

INFEST   

Awaiting De-Infestation      

0

KEY      

Awaiting Keys                 

2

NAEME    

No Access Emergency          

197

NAREA    

No Access Appt Rearranged    

5

NOADUL   

No Appropriate Adult         

3

NONACC   

Non Access                   

240

NOWORK   

No Work Required             

100

TENREQ   

Tenant Request               

56

TREFRE   

Tenant Refused Repair        

23

UNSAFE   

Unsafe Work Area             

8

WEATHE   

Weather Conditions           

1

WKE      

Wrong Keys                   

1

WORKES   

Work Escalated               

11

Martin Feeney

Charter action plan update to be completed with written responses to repair queries.

ASAP

16/6/22 -Charter action plan queries updated with responses from Repairs – copy issued with agenda

Cancellation process confirmed as,

Emergencies are manually cancelled on the system straight away

Non emergency repairs - when the operative receives a ‘no access’ they update on their device which triggers a follow-on on DRS( repairs system).

Planners follow up a minimum 2 times and try to contact the tenant to make another arrangement .If we are unable to get hold of the tenant, the order is then cancelled.

These are manual processes as there is no workflow in the system to allow this to be done automatically

Texts confirming cancellation of a repair are not being sent currently; Building Services / IHP teams are working on this process; also investigating sending emails where we have an email address as this is cost neutral where texts incur costs

 

WDTRO 17 December 2020 actions

WDTRO 17 December 2020 actions
Who Agreed Action When by Progress
John/Nicola/Martin Additional sockets and limitations of electrical boards and wiring being looked as potential capital programme being looked at by Better Homes group. 02/02/2022

Ongoing

MF update 19/2/21

Specification required and options being put together for future Better Homes group starting with (MSFs) possibly extend to full stock in time and findings will be shared with WDTRO.

MF update 22/04/21

Being raised at the Better Homes Meeting 20/04/21

WDTRO Liaison 25/04/21 - Full update to be provided for next meeting.

15/06/21 update – there have been further discussions and suggestion is that this could be incorporated as part of the planned review and consultation around the Re-let Standard, due to go to HACC in Feb 2022. This could then inform thinking around developing a wider retro fit programme.

16/12/21 No update available

WDTRO 25 February 2021 actions

WDTRO 25 February 2021 actions
Who Agreed When by Progress
Martin

WDTRO to be kept updated on progress of pilot of dedicated repairs staff for MSF communal repairs (including fire doors).

22/04/2021

Ongoing

MF Update 19/04/21

Canvasing of team members to establish interest Seeking costs and cooperation from fire screen / doors

manufactures in regards to training of WDC team and to establish replacement glazing panel sizes and spare parts so that stock can be ordered.

15/06/21 update - team members have been identified, training around types of fires doors is being arranged and plan for new service to commence around July. Discussion on-going around whether this will initially be a partial service (potentially Dalmuir and Littleholm) or full service. Further updates will be provided to WDTRO when decisions are made.

24/6/21 update – training been arranged and will be piloted in Dalmuir and Littleholm.

16/08/21 update – issues with training provider has delayed the training being organised, pilot to commence when training has been carried out.

18/10/21 – no further progress, training still to be arranged. 16/12/21 Training still be arranged with contractor

14/2/22 Martec ( training provider ) now able to do training face to face with selected staff and due to be done end of this month or 1st week in March.

WDTRO 24 February 2022 actions

WDTRO 25 February 2021 actions
Who Agreed When by Progress

John Kerr

Traffic management for demolition at Willox Park to be shared

ASAP

 

Scott McLelland

Scott to look at traffic calming possibilities at Willox Park walkabout.

ASAP

 

David Lynch

Stairs to be checked daily and communal repairs reported at Kilbowie Court until permanent caretaker in post.

ASAP