Skip to content

WDC & WDTRO Liaison Meeting No. 72 

Thursday  22 April 2021, 2PM via zoom



  1. Welcome, introductions and apologies 
  2. Issues arriving from update on actions from previous meeting – copy of updated actions distributed ahead of meeting 
  3. Repairs call handling performance – Citizen Services unable to attend but in depth performance info provided giving longest waiting times for calls answered and calls abandoned. Specific issues and concerns can be discussed to raise with Citizen Services direct at June Liaison. 
  4. Repairs performance information ( Martin Feeney) – copy of performance stats distributed ahead of meeting.
  5. Charter Performance update (Stefan Kristmanns) – copy of Charter report with responses to WDTRO queries circulated ahead of meeting.
  6. Forward plan update (John Kerr)
  7. Tenant Participation update (Jane Mack)
  8. AOCB
  9. Date of next meeting - 24 June 2021, 2pm via zoom
WDTRO Outstanding actions from previous meetings
Who Agreed Action When by Progress
Edward Feedback on outcome of discussion with Building Services regarding landing window supply. Previous suggestion was that some stock could be held. Example of 9th floor in West Court has been raised. Communication to be send to WDTRO Dec WDTRO liaison On-going A barrier to procuring like for like replacements was original company no longer trading, however Consultancy Services identified another company that had taken on some of the previous products and may be able to supply suitable replacements. Any change in specification needs to meet current, higher building standards, which would implicitly cost more. An options appraisal considering replacement or wider overhaul of these windows will be prepared for Better Homes Group to enable a decision to be made regarding the cost/benefit of available options. WDTRO will be kept apprised of developments. WDTRO Liaison 27/08/20 ET advised no progress due to Covid-19 and will get prioritised when possible in next couple of months. WDTRO Liaison 22/10/20 No progress as yet WDTRO Liaison 17/12/20 – Edward spoken to Consultancy services and paper going to Better Homes group in February re specifications and costs. No update provided prior to 25 April Liaison meeting
Scott / Suzanne Set up meetings of working group to improve communication when lifts are not working (Billy, Polly, Frances and Georgia have volunteered to join group) Jan 2020


Email invite sent to Chair of WDTRO and first meeting arranged for 25th Feb but needs to be rescheduled.

WDTRO Liaison 27/08/20

SMcL will look at getting a group meeting set up before the next Liaison and provide an update then.

WDTRO Liaison 22/10/20

email sent today to arrange a meeting next week to review

Meeting has taken place but Scott off so full update not available.

No update provided prior to 25 April Liaison meeting

WDTRO 27 Aug 2020 Action Note


Martin Building Services plans relating to area based approach to repairs – plan to tackle backlog prior to looking at this option. Jane to contact Martin Feeney for confirmation / update and Cllr Docherty to be included in email. - Ongoing MF update 8/10/20 -We are targeting end of October to clear the majority of repairs reported prior to COVID-19 lockdown; possibility this may slip into November due to the volume of new urgent repairs being reported. MF Update 9/12/20 WDC being placed in tier 4 of the SG COVID-19 model meant had to suspend non essential internal repairs from 23/11/20 until Monday 14/12/20. This will mean the backlog of outstanding repairs will have increased. We were targeting end of December to be up to date with non essential repairs and this is now unlikely to be achieved. A full update on the numbers of outstanding repairs and timeframe to complete will be provided at the January 2021 meeting. A pilot of the area based approach has been agreed in principle by housing team subject to appropriate consultation and agreement. A full consultation programme timetable is being developed and will be shared with the group. WDTRO Liaison 22/10/20 Full consultation timetable being put together and will be shared with the group. MF Update 9/12/20 Consultation programme will not commence until current rent setting consultation has been completed and therefore the consultation programme will not commence until at least end of February 2021. Timetable will be shared with group prior to commencement of consultation. MF Update 19/02/21 Reviewed timeframe to deliver consultation programme and consider that this should be delayed until 2021/2022 year. Consultation plan and timeframe will be shared with group prior to commencing with the consultation plan. MF update HIB 29/03/21 At the HIB it was agreed this would be parked; we don’t think it is the right time to introduce this change because of the restrictions to completing non essential internal repairs for much of 2020/2021 due to COVID.

WDTRO 22 October Actions


Martin/Citizen Services Stats on longest and shortest call waiting time as previously requested to be provided to give more meaning to average figure. 03/12/21 MF update 8/10/20 -Latest report attached though doesn’t include longest and shortest waiting time yet 3/12/20 Cllr Docherty confirmed that Stephen Daly happy to attend virtual meeting to discuss. Unable to attend 17/12 meeting but requested for 25/2/21 meeting or earlier JRG . 16/2/21 Update – Stephen Daly still off and Lorraine Payne unable to attend 25/2 meeting but will attend April Liaison. MF update 19/02/21 January data and report provided. An update on the request for data on shortest / longest / average waiting times to answer call been referred to Citizen Services but not available at moment - they have asked for some help to see if they can get the data and will provide an update. MF Update 22/04/21 Available data provided by Stephen Daly
Martin/Citizen Services Martin to see if phone system has functionality to tell people how long they might have to wait to get call answered 03/12/21 Update from Lorraine Payne 9/12 - do not have functionality to let people know their position in the queue or the approx. wait time. This is something being explored with ICT and Cisco in terms of future development of the telephone system. 16/2 Update – Staff from Citizen Services to attend April Liaison and will be on agenda. MF update 22/04/21 Citizen Services action

WDTRO 17 December Actions


Edward/Martin Additional sockets and limitations of electrical boards and wiring being looked as potential capital programme being looked at by Better Homes group 16/02/21 MF update 19/2/21 Specification required and options being put together for future Better Homes group starting with (MSFs) possibly extend to full stock in time and findings will be shared with WDTRO. MF update 22/04/21 Being raised at the Better Homes Meeting 20/04/21

WDTRO 25 February Actions


Edward/Martin WDTRO to be kept updated on progress of pilot of dedicated repairs staff for MSF communal repairs ( including fire doors ) - MF Update 22/04/21.Canvasing of team members to establish interest Seeking costs and cooperation from fire screen / doors manufactures in regards to training of WDC team and to establish replacement glazing panel sizes and spare parts so that stock can be ordered.
John Update on demolition plans for Willox Park, Dumbarton. Update to include plans for managing additional traffic at the site. - -
Scott Neighbourhood patrols of Willox park to be reinstated until demolition complete - -
John/Planning Update from Planning to be requested regarding Old Craft Street works, down from Freelands Crescent, Old Kilpatrick - -
Alan 121 and 123 Durban Avenue to be checked for inclusion in cladding programme - Completed. 26/2/21 Alan confirmed they were tenanted, been missed from programme but will be included in next scheme.
Scott Posters for multistorey flats to be put up telling tenants about the out of hours services with contact details - -

West Dunbartonshire Council aims to ensure that tenants’ homes are well maintained, with repairs and improvements carried out when required and with a reasonable choice about when work is done

Our promise is that:

  • we will aim to carry out repairs quickly
  • we will aim to ensure that repairs are completed Right First Time
  • we will aim to keep repairs appointments when these are made
  • we will aim to carry out an annual gas safety check in all properties where this is required
  • we will ask you how satisfied you are and demonstrate how we have used your feedback to improve our services
Charter Performance Indicator
Charter Performance Indicator Q1 Value Q2 Value Q3 Value Q4 Value Q4 Target Q3 Target Met
Average time taken to complete emergency repairs (hours) 4.12 6.08 6.56 6.23 4 hrs No
Average time taken to complete non-emergency repairs (days) 2.99 7.46 7.71 4.09 5 days Yes
% of reactive repairs completed right first time 93.4% 86.3 90.9% 93.3% 95% Amber
Number of times failed to complete a gas safety check within 12 months 102 82 0 N/A 0 N/A
% of tenants satisfied with the repairs and maintenance service 78.2% 75.2% 67.5% 84.4% 85% Amber


Contextual data
Contextual data Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Repairs appointments made 3173 5801 7543 5891
Repairs appointments kept 3107 5463 7247 5379
% of repairs appointments kept 97.9% 94.2% 96.1% 91.3%
Number of appointed repairs cancelled 737 613 802 478


Repairs Satisfaction
Repairs satisfaction response rate 2020/21 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4
Number of emergency repairs completed in quarter 1788 1658 1080 1358
Number of non-emergency repairs completed in quarter 2714 5283 6958 5930
Number of surveys completed 101 133 40 372
Response rate 2% 2% 0.5% 5%


Repairs Satisfaction Breakdown
Repairs satisfaction breakdown 2020/21 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q43
very satisfied 21 30 10 27
satisfied 58 70 17 287
neither satisfied nor dis-satisfied 19 11 4 5
dis-satisfied 2 9 5 42
very dis-satisfied 1 13 4 11
Total 101 133 40 372

Spreadsheet below showing data relating to the answering of Emergency repair calls from April 2020 to March 2021. 

Repairs Call Handling Monthly Activity Dashboard

WDC/WDTRO Liaison Meeting No.71

Thursday 25 February 2021, 2pm Via Zoom


List of those present at meeting:

  • Frances McGonagle - Littleholm TRA (chaired meeting)
  • Councillor Diane Docherty - Housing Convener
  • Billy Neeson Westbridgend - TRA
  • Mary Paton Willox Park - TRA
  • Georgia McCambley - Central Radnor Park TRA
  • Harry McCormack - Tullichewan TRA
  • Ruth Dickinson - Willox Park TRA
  • June Todd - WDTRO
  • Polly Wheelans- Littleholm TRA
  • Alan Young - Housing Asset and Investment Manager
  • Stefan Kristmanns - Housing Development Co-ordinator
  • John Kerr Housing - Development & Homelessness Manager
  • Edward Thomas - Housing Operations Manager
  • Scott McLelland - Area Co-ordinator
  • Tracy Crichton - Area Co-ordinator
  • Suzanne Bannister - Client services Officer (Repairs)
  • Jane Mack - Snr Housing Development Officer ( Tenant Participation ) (minute taker)


WDC/WDTRO Liaison Meeting No.71, Thursday 25th February 2021, 2pm Via Zoom
No. Agenda item


Welcome, introductions and apologies

Frances welcomed everyone to the meeting. Apologies been received from Martin Feeney, Jacqui Peacock, and David Lynch.



Issues arising from update on actions from previous minutes – updates issued ahead of meeting.


No update given on the Littleholm landing window issue so Frances asked if there was any progress and Edward confirmed that progress being made and had received further information from Consultancy Services about fire safety specification. Also identified that the proposal for communal smoke alarms could be connected and work completed together. An update should be available for the next Liaison meeting.


Update on fire safety info re cladding on MSFs in West Dunbartonshire ( Edward Thomas)


Paper went to Housing & Communities Committee in November 2020 on fire safety and included number of recommendations. Including smoke detectors in communal area, bin stores and are at advance stage with specifications and costs and a capital programme will be created. Edward also met with the local  Scottish Fire & Rescue (SFR) to get their views on plans to replace window spandrel panels and within next 4 months should have a more specific update regarding that work.

Going to co-ordinate work with the landing windows  to make most use of the  full height access equipment needed.


Frances highlighted that they had had commitment that any agenda items would be given to them in writing ahead of the meeting and Edward committed to this for future and will provide copy of todays information. ACTION: Edward




Update on fire doors and maintenance of common areas within high rise blocks ( Edward Thomas ) – Members briefing issued ahead of the meeting.


Edward talked through the briefing paper provided and explained had been initiated re Dalmuir MSFs but will apply to all MSFs. Aim is to minimise delays in repairs getting done and to reduce reliance on third party contractors. Proposal is to have dedicated repairs personnel to deal with all MSF repairs and give them specialised training so that more repairs can be done in-house and quicker. Another benefit is that will keep repair ordering more manageable. Dedicated staff will build up local knowledge as many blocks have specific types of doors, lighting etc.

Asked when this would be happening Edward confirmed that it had been agreed at Building Services Board and Martin Feeney started process of requesting interest from operatives. No firm timescale with personnel yet but Edward confident would roll out this year.

Frances also asked about the previous suggestion to barcode all fire doors to help with identification and Edward confirmed that David Lynch has completed research and will be hoping to include that in these arrangements as will help  identify repairs and gives a clear record of inspections.


Billy stated approval of proposal and saw it as the way forward and good to see. Edward committed to keeping WDTRO updated with progress. ACTION: Edward



Repairs performance update (Suzanne Bannister) – performance report and call handling statistics issued ahead of the meeting.


Suzanne explained the statistics issued and advised that the emergency response time had increased to 6.56 hrs mainly due to the additional COVID precautions that staff had to do.


Tenants satisfaction is low ( 67.5%) and the number of surveys being completed is very low – for those stating dissatisfaction, timescales was the most common reason. In Q3 ( Oct-Dec) the number of emergencies done has gone down but this is due to training being done with contact centre staff so less repairs are being wrongly classed as emergencies. The low number of surveys being completed has been raised with Citizen Services and they have said they will try to increase numbers. Operative handheld devices also being amended to include the survey so by end of March more should be included so figures more realistic.


In terms of the call handling statistics , less calls are being made but still a higher percentage abandoned.  With more appointments being made and text reminders, are hoping to reduce the number of calls for updates to free up staff to answer new repair requests.


Average waiting times still questioned and the shortest and longest waiting figures have been requested and Lorraine Payne from Citizen Services is attending the April Liaison meeting so these issues can be discussed directly with her .



Charter Performance update  (Stefan Kristmanns) – summary of action progress provided ahead of meeting as well as report on overdue actions and actions with no progress .


Some progress been made and only 4 actions are overdue ( down from 8 at last meeting ). Report shows actions with no progress or overdue and tenants were invited to ask any questions.

Frances asked about the homelessness action which shows no progress or updates and John confirmed that the action been pushed back but is getting focused on in the next 6 weeks via regular working group meetings and will get report updated. ACTION: John


Billy also asked about the delay in the publication about Housing  to 2040 and John confirmed that been delayed initially by Brexit and then by the pandemic but the Scottish Government  team tasked with the report are back in place and he thinks it will be published in Mid March and will be shared with the WDTRO. ACTION: John/Jane


Harry proposed that an update meeting be scheduled with Stefan to discuss further the Charter improvement plan and WDTRO happy for that to be arranged. ACTION: Harry/Stefan


Forward plan update (John Kerr)


John gave a financial update on the new build programme as previously advised that had had some overspends but had a positive meeting with Scottish Government and being allocated an additional £512,000 for new build programme. Also still negotiating for additional grant to cover additional costs for Dumbarton Harbour as original contractor went into liquidation at beginning of lockdown. New contractor in place and building is well under way but any additional grant will help Housing Revenue Account (HRA).  Scottish Government also agreed to front fund the acquisition of Bank Street, Willox Park care home site and Mount Pleasant care home site for future house building.

Tenant Design group meeting taken place and went well. John keen to ensure tenants are involved in designs right from start so this group will be ensure that.

Initial plans for Clydebank East site also open for public comments .


St Andrews handovers scheduled for February been delayed  due to additional soil sample certificates needed – no issues identified but unfortunate that affected a few new tenants move in dates. All others back on schedule.


All other new build sites all on schedule – Haldane, Aikenbar and Dumbarton Harbour all completing in next few months. Last few tenants moving into  Creveul Court  and community garden been handed over to the Leamy Foundation to develop and  maintain.


Future potential sites also being looked at – Clydebank health centre when it moves to Queens Quay but won’t know if note of interest accepted until end of the year.


Mary asked if the sale of Willox had been completed and John confirmed that it wasn’t yet and as is an internal sale from the Council’s General fund to housing will include the site being demolished first and then handed over to Housing. Asked what the timescale for the demolition was and John advised that had hoped for the sale to be concluded by end of March but looking tight for demolition to be done by then and John committed to getting an update from Consultancy Services . Update to also include plans for managing additional traffic at the site as at Willox Park there is no pavements and tenants concerned about traffic at the existing sheltered properties as only 2 entrance and exits. ACTION: John

Ruth raised tenant concerns about fire raising while the current building lies empty and Scott committed to ensuring additional patrols are restarted until the demolition is completed. ACTION: Scott


John also confirmed that still at design stage for the site but looking at additional 16-20 properties and would be sheltered housing to tie in with surrounding properties. Once site is in Housing hands John committed to ensuring there is regular communication to keep existing tenants up to date.


Query made about the site of the former Frank Downie House but John unsure as not a site they are looking at for housing development.


Query made about the Old Craft Street works down from Freelands Crescent in Old Kilpatrick but John unaware of site and will ask Planning for an update. ACTION: John


Query made about old Playdrome site as demolition starting – John confirmed will not be a social housing development and again Council will be doing demolition and then marketing the site.



Tenant Participation Update (Jane Mack)

Rent setting consultation – good response to online survey with 1344 tenants voting . The lowest rise of 1.5% ,  Option 1 was the preferred rent option which is being put forward as the rent increase to the full Council meeting on 3/3. Having a pre-meeting with tenants , Diane and Peter to discuss the rent setting paper , like we do with HACC papers on Monday 1 March and tenants encouraged to read the paper and come along to the meeting. The rent setting response has improved but there is still improvements to be made to ensure the whole process is more meaningful and the WDTRO input on that is welcomed .

The Joint Rent Group continues to meet monthly and are working through the SHN toolkit to assess compliance with the HRA Guidance and will be used to identify the key areas that still need improved for the JRG to focus on.

Tenant Priority Budget – virtual public meeting held on  10 Feb  and 4 new projects were approved as well as the outstanding proposal for a limited laundry facility at Park Ct, Littleholm . Work will start on the agreed proposals once COVID restrictions allow .

Hanne working with the remaining TRAs that haven’t had virtual meetings so that all groups have the option to meet if they want. CATRA have now had a zoom meeting and she’ll focus on the others. Any group needing any digital support or communication help  should get in touch.

Training – a successful virtual training session held for 10 tenants on 23/2/21 on Speaking up for yourself and others which focused on confidence building and using  communication skills for positive outcomes.

Spring edition of Housing News out 12 March– any suggestions for things to be covered in future editions to contact Jane and staff too should also plan what they want to be telling tenants  about what they are doing.





June advised that cladding been done at Durban Avenue and looking really good but 2 tenanted properties at 121 and 123 Durban been missed and Alan will check out . ACTION: Alan Y


Frances asked if posters could be put up in multistory flats telling tenants about the out of hours service with contact details and Scott committed to doing that – service can be assessed via the ASB helpline and is manned everyday until 2am. ACTION: Scott


It was also confirmed that the day caretakers finish at 2pm as part of the Health & Safety assessment of their work. Edward advised that the caretakers have worked throughout the pandemic with reduced duties as main focus was on cleaning touch-points. Their working times was reviewed as part of efforts to minimise potential exposure to the virus. Arrangements are regularly reviewed and essential duties are still done.



Date of meeting  - 2pm Thursday 22nd April, via Zoom