Funded by the Big Lottery, our new Housing Options Service for young people is a partnership approach between Action for Children and West Dunbartonshire Council.
The service aims to provide young people in West Dunbartonshire with advice and information about access to housing and support.
- Between 16-25 years old and living in West Dunbartonshire?
- Do you need advice and assistance about access to housing in West Dunbartonshire?
- Are you struggling with issues which are impacting on your current accommodation?
- Do you need help now with housing difficulties so that it doesn’t become a crisis?
We can provide you with a wide range of information, advice and support about your housing options in West Dunbartonshire, this includes
- How to apply for Council and Housing Association housing
- Ways to help you stay in your own home if this is what you want, and it is safe to do so.
- Information about shared living with another young person
- How to access private rented accommodation.
- We can also link you with other services such as money advice, employability and health.
- How to get housing support depending on your needs.
- Options for owning your own home including shared ownership/equity.
- Assistance to apply for a mutual exchange.
- Advice regarding mortgage to rent options available.
- Help to prevent homelessness
How to contact us
If you think you are homeless or you are going to be threatened with homelessness please contact the Council’s homeless service on 01389 776 400. You can contact us on this number from:
- 09:00am - 16:30pm Monday to Thursday
- 09.00am – 15.30pm on a Friday
Alternatively you can email us at
If you need to contact us out of hours please still use our emergency out of hours number Freephone 0800 197 1004.