Introducing our new Book to Borrow collection service.
We’re delighted to announce that from Monday 20 July 2020 we will be launching our new “click & collect” style service – Book To Borrow. This service will initially be available at Alexandria, Dumbarton and Dalmuir libraries only, before we extend it to all branches as soon as possible.
Book To Borrow Process
Step 1. Selecting books
- You can see what is available by browsing our online library catalogue and note down the books you would like to borrow from your preferred library. (please note we cannot transfer items between libraries at the moment so please only choose books from the library you will be picking up from)
- If you prefer or if you're not sure what you want our staff will be happy to put together a selection of books for you based on your reading preferences.
Step 2. Ordering books
- Order form: You can order books by using our dedicated online order form to request up to a max of 5 books or if you want us to create a selection for you, let us know your reading preferences in the appropriate fields.
- By Phone: Contact your preferred library by telephone and submit your list of books or if you want us to create a selection for you, let us know your reading preferences.
Step 2. Arranging a pick-up time
- Once the items are ready, a member of staff will call you to arrange a date and time for you to safely uplift your books.
Step 3. Collecting your books
- A member of staff will meet you with your books at the entrance of your chosen library at the arranged date and time.
Returning borrowed Items
To manage safe physical distancing, we encourage users to arrange a time slot to return their items - you can also take advantage of this opportunity to borrow something new at the same time.
There’s also no need to worry about fines or charges. You may wish to hang on to your books until your local library starts delivering the Book to Borrow service.
- Libraries are not currently open to the public except for the 'Book To Borrow' service.
- Please wear a face covering when you collect your items.
- Existing loans can also be returned at the agreed collection time.
- Please note that it is not possible to move items between libraries at present.
- Online form requires one submission per person.