Introducing our new Book to Borrow collection service.
Welcome to Book To Borrow, our “click & collect” style service. This service allows you to:
- Choose and order your book selection or let us select some for you.
- Arrange a collection time.
- Safely uplift them from the library of your choice.
Contact details and opening times of our libraries.
- Libraries are not currently open to the public except for the 'Book To Borrow' service.
- Computer access is not currently available.
- Please wear a face covering when collecting or returning your items.
- Existing loans can also be returned at the agreed collection time.
- Online form requires one submission per person.
Book To Borrow Process
Step 1. Selecting books
- Browse our Catalogue: You can see what is available by browsing our online library catalogue and either
- Reserve items online, or
- Note down the books you would like to borrow from your preferred library and use our online order form
- Ask our staff: If you prefer or if you're not sure what you want our staff will be happy to put together a selection of books for you based on your reading preferences.
Step 2. Ordering books
- Reserve items online: Place holds on any books you would like to borrow when browsing our online library catalogue
- Order form: You can order books by using our dedicated online order form to request up to a max of 10 books or if you want us to create a selection for you, let us know your reading preferences in the appropriate fields.
- By Phone: Contact your preferred library by telephone and submit your list of books or if you want us to create a selection for you, let us know your reading preferences.
Step 3. Arranging a pick-up time
- Once the items are ready, a member of staff will call you to arrange a date and time for you to safely uplift your books.
Step 4. Collecting your books
- A member of staff will meet you with your books at the entrance of your chosen library at the arranged date and time.
Returning borrowed Items
To manage safe physical distancing, we encourage users to arrange a time slot to return their items - you can also take advantage of this opportunity to borrow something new at the same time.
There’s also no need to worry about fines or charges. You may wish to hang on to your books until your local library starts delivering the Book to Borrow service.
Dog or food waste bags
Dog or food waste bags can be collected by calling one of our open libraries to check that they have some in stock and also arrange a time when you can uplift them.