Quotes from our Service Users...
- "I don’t think I would have gone at all if I had not got the courage last Thursday. It took me about 10 – 15mins. to go up the steps and into the library. I’m glad I went that day. I would like to do it again. Thank you."
"It’s a neutral venue and is not clinical. You can relax and have a cup of tea and a chat. It’s nearby and doesn’t feel like a chore the way going to hospital does."
- "I wouldn’t have had a heating grant. I wouldn’t have known about therapy at the Vale Centre. It’s local less intimidating. Why would people be reluctant to use: they don’t know what it entails. Afraid to take that first step."
- "Gives you time to discuss how you are feeling."
"A place like the library where you can meet people and sit and have a chat for however long you like over a cup of tea and coffee and once you get to know people you just don’t talk about cancer you talk about anything in general."
- "The people were really nice and made me feel more relaxed. I was very nervous when I first met them then after 10 minutes I began to relax and laugh."
- "I feel if I had not accessed the Macmillan service I would feel more alone."
- "It does benefit the situation if you have someone to talk to who is not emotionally involved."
- "Benefits of accessing support in local community venue are you do not have far to travel to sit and have a cuppa and a chat."