Quotes from our volunteers...
"Volunteering has allowed me to give something back in my local community. I feel a great sense of achievement when I help someone and it makes my volunteering so worthwhile. We need to continue to promote this valuable service so more people can access the support they need”
- “I started volunteering a few years ago as I wanted to do something useful. Volunteering has given me a purpose. It has allowed me to meet new people and make friends in my fellow volunteers”
- “I became involved with Macmillan @ West Dunbartonshire Libraries after retiring from a career in nursing. Having our service in the library gives people a place to come and talk and can help them feel less lonely and anxious”
- "It takes great courage for people to sit down and talk to us. However, the reward both for them and us is huge. When you see someone smile- you know you’ve made a difference to their life”
- “I really enjoy my volunteering. I am part of a great group of people and there is nothing more satisfying when you are able to help someone who comes in to our services”
- "I became involved with Macmillan @ West Dunbartonshire Libraries after retiring from a career in the NHS. My Macmillan Volunteering gives me a reason to get up in the morning. I now have structure in my life and love being in a caring role again”
- “Volunteering has definitely lived up to my expectations. I feel like I am giving something back. It is such a caring service and team”