For Information on householder permitted development please refer to Scottish Government circular Householder permitted development rights guidance:
Pre-application advice service
We welcome early discussions with applicants and developers prior to the submission of any application. The submission of detailed and comprehensive applications results in quicker decision making once an application is submitted.
We offer this service free of charge in order to:
- simplify the submission of a planning application;
- outline the policies of the local development plan and other material considerations that would affect the proposal:
- identify constraints
- assist you with the level and type of information required for the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
- We can't provide pre-application advice for specific proposals over the telephone.
- We acknowledge that there may be limitations on the pre-application advice we can offer in respect of specialised development proposals.
- We reserve the right not to continue pre-application advice which is not entered into cordially or objectively.
- Any evaluation of the proposal does not compromise any decision made by West Dunbartonshire Council and its Committees and the advice is not legally binding on the determination of a forthcoming planning application.
- Pre-application advice may be subject to third party requests made under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.