Certificate of Compliance for Street Trading Vehicles

What is it?

A certificate of compliance shows that a mobile food trading unit complies with Food Hygiene Regulations.

Who is it for?

If you currently hold a street traders licence or are looking to apply for a licence for a food van, whether ice cream or fish van, mobile shop or snack van, you will be required to provide the Licensing section with a Certificate of Compliance issued by Environmental Health.

What do I have to do to get a Certificate of Compliance?

Read the National Standard for Food Hygiene for Mobile Traders that has been developed in association with the Scottish Government and ensure that your vehicle complies with all the requirements..

Fill out the application form and make payment online and a member of staff will advise you of available inspection dates and times.

An officer will inspect your vehicle at our testing site and assess the vehicle for compliance with Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements.

If the vehicle passes inspection a certificate will be issued by post.

What happens if my vehicle fails?

One re-test will be arranged free of charge providing the re-test is carried out within Three Months from date of initial inspection. A further re-test will be carried out upon payment of a full fee.

How much does a Certificate of Compliance cost?

The current charge is £140.36 (2022/23).  Fees are subject to review at the end of each financial year and may increase.

How do I apply for a Certificate of Compliance?

Fill out the application form (including payment)