- Being a member of the Scheme is a good way of showing potential customers that you are a reputable, reliable business, including recognition of your business standards based on your customers’ feedback
- You will receive support from West Dunbartonshire Council's Trading Standards team to help you to understand and comply with consumer protection legislation.
- West Dunbartonshire Council will promote the scheme to local consumers through the Council's website, social media, local press and other forms of promotions.
- When you join, we will provide you with marketing materials bearing the Trusted Trader logo that you can use at your premises and on vehicles, stationery, advertising and website to show potential customers that you are a member of the scheme.
In 2011, Dundee City Council Trusted Trader Scheme carried out a survey of their members with the following findings:
- 93% of respondents confirmed that membership of the Trusted Trader Scheme had helped their business.
- 87% said membership had helped them attract new customers, with 47% stating that 11% to 30% of their business was generated by Trusted Trader membership.
- 1 trader stated that 50% of their trade was due to the Trusted Trader Scheme.
Who can join?
The scheme is primarily aimed at the home improvement sector. Businesses must be based in West Dunbartonshire or must be able to prove a reasonable proportion of their business is carried out in West Dunbartonshire. We do however, welcome enquires from any interested business that offers services within the West Dunbartonshire area.
How much will it cost?
The annual fee is £155 plus VAT (£186) for businesses not registered for VAT and £195 for others.
The fee will be to help cover costs of operating the scheme, such as maintaining the online database and feedback system, ongoing advertising and promotion to the public.