Balloch and Haldane Community Council
Minutes of meeting held on Tuesday 16th of January 7.30pm in The Balloch House Hotel

Present

Lynne Somerville (LS) – Vice chair
Pamela Scott (PS) – Treasurer
Ava Somerville (AS) - Secretary
Stephen Burns (SB) WDC
Gillian Clark (GC) Balloch Castle Country Park Regeneration Group (BCCPRG)
Sally Page (SP) Balloch Castle Country Park Regeneration Group (BCCPRG)
Matt Buckland (MB) Balloch Castle Country Park Regeneration

Apologies & Sederunt

David Keown (DK) - Chair,
Denis Blackwood (DB) – Chair, Levenhowe Tenants Association
No apologies from Police Scotland
No apologies from Hazel Sorrell (HS) – Councilor Ward 1 – Lomond

Register of Members Interest

None

Description

BCCPRG presented on the great work BCCPRG is doing. Problems and potentials for the park were explored and SP offered an update on the AGM, charitable status and funding applications made on behalf of BCCPRG. BCCPRG has agreed to work with BHCC on their Place Plan and to explore other avenues to work together in support of Balloch Park.

Welcome and Introductions

Minutes of previous meeting held on the 5th of December 2023 meeting accepted as a true and accurate record.

Geoff Hull and Kenny Gibson voted in a Community Councillors

Social Media, PR and Marketing Update

Balloch Library closure

- Goven Law centre now involved.
- Cara Thom (LLTNP) is leading on this and will include BHCC in future meetings.

Biodiversity consultation

- Response was submitted and also posted on BHCC social media for members of the public to read.
- Consultation date, feedback not known as of yet.

Ongoing Midsteeple Quarter to be invited to a meeting with BHCC councillors to discuss community ownership of buildings.

Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park (LLTNP)

- Fiona Jackson responded to LS concerning the future of Lomond Shore Gateway Centre. This engagement is sought prior to any decisions being made regarding its future.
- LS submitted a request for an extension to the Place Plan to the LLTNP Dec Board meeting held on the 11th Dec 2024. This was accepted. LLTNP have been invited to attend the next CC meeting in Feb to set expectations for drafting the Place Plan.
- ONGOING Request LLTNP's input on their stance regarding the proposed Wind Farm development.
- ONGOING Request if BHCC can use LLTNP meeting space for future BHCC meetings.

Wind Farm update

- Meeting on the 25th January for Wind farm, involving other councils.
- Public meeting on 19th of February at 19:00, St Kessogs hall.
- £40 for hall to be hired, LS will pay and reclaim this.
- Online survey still available. LS to share this for wider dissemination.
- To gather costs for print designs for leaflet hand outs.
- Article to be featured in the Feb edition of the Community Advertiser.
- Lennox Herald to run article.

Levenhowe Tenants Association, Chair Denis Blackwood to attend Feb meeting to discuss flooding. Potential cause is gabion walls that were introduced 10 or so years ago.

- LS contacted WDC to get update on £350k Flood Prevention Budget and what this has been spent on.
-Contacted Dunbarton East CC for guidance on how they applied for funding.
-National Centre for Resilience funding to be explored in support of Levenhowe Tenants Association. Due to resources, BHCC does not have the capacity to apply to the 2024/25 funding applications as deadline is 31st Jan.
-Will apply to the 2025/26 funding call and build this into BHCC place plan.
- https://www.gla.ac.uk/research/az/ncr/howtoworkwithus/#applyforfunding

Treasurers Report

- All signatures attained.
- Formal complaint sent on January 16th to RBS complaints team.

-Problem arose with Murdoch Cameron's signature, required to attend the bank with identification.
-Still awaiting account to be opened.

- Microsoft to be purchased for BHCC laptop.

AOB

- Talk of the closure of Dunbarton police station - Survey consultation for this action online.
- Fixed penalty notice and the hiring of parking officers in discussion.
- SB to confirm which other police station is pending closure.
- SB to also confirm if any invoices by BHCC can be paid from BHCCs budget by WDC until the situation with the bank is resolved.

Community Place Plan

- WDC (Matthew Sparway) & LLTNP (Hannah/Susan) invited to next meeting on the 8th of February 2024.
- Action, LS, to book family room for this date.

Date of next meeting

Thursday the 8th February @ 19:30 Balloch House Hotel