This Third Party Claim Form should only be completed where it can be demonstrated that, any loss of or damage to personal property or personal injury has occurred. 

If you are insured for this type of loss then you should consider intimating the claim to your own Insurers in the first instance.  Where appropriate, they may then claim against the Council. 

To be successful in your claim against West Dunbartonshire Council, you must show that the damage to or loss of your personal property or personal injury is the Council’s fault and that it is legally liable to compensate you. 

It should be noted that there is no automatic right to compensation.

All relevant sections on the Third Party Claim Form must be completed and any requisite documentation i.e. purchase receipt, quotation, medical evidence etc. submitted, otherwise the processing of your claim could be delayed.

If you have any queries regarding the form please email

Third Party Claim Form