If you're a driver or a passenger and you have mobility issues, you may be eligible for a Blue Badge.
Application for a Blue Badge
There is a new online service that we are testing
Apply online (new service)
Or to apply using the current service for a Blue Badge for an adult or a child you can either:
- Apply online: (national website - Blue Badge scheme)
- Contact your area office.
Further information on Blue Badges, including how to apply for one, can be found at the link above
If your application is successful an administration charge of £20.00 (for new or replacement) will be made.
- It can take up to 8 week to process a Blue Badge.
Due to Covid 19 restrictions, Council offices remain closed to member of the public. Paper copies of the Blue Badge form must not be taken to Council offices for submission.
You may be refused a badge:
- if we have reason to believe that the applicant is not who they claim to be.
- that the badge would be used by someone other than the person to whom it has been issued.
- If you do not meet the eligibility criteria set out by the Scottish Government.
- The application form is not fully completed and insufficient evidence is supplied to support the application form.
If you lose your badge
- Lost or stolen Badges should be reported to the police immediately
- Report it online via Blue Badge Scheme website
- Or contact the Council to let them know and we will arrange a replacement badge for you.