To lighten the duties of the secretary some groups consider dividing the duties and having a minute secretary.
The minute secretary should:
- Compile minutes of meeting, recording decisions and action to be taken and by whom.
- Make sure minutes are available to all committee members before or at committee meetings.
- Keep copies of all minutes for future reference.
The minute secretary should also have:
- A Diary
- The necessary paperwork for the meeting, agenda, minutes, reports
- A notebook and pen
- A folder to keep the paperwork
- Access to a computer or typewriter.