The minute is a record of the meeting. It notes the items on
the agenda and what discussion, decision and actions were agreed.
The minute should be circulated to all members before the next meeting.
What items should a minute record?
- Who was present, when and where
- It should follow the agenda items
- Be short, clear, easy to read and understand
- Include a decisions made and who actions the decision, if
- Record monthly financial reports and any financial decisions made at the meeting
- Detail incoming correspondence and decisions about replies
- It is a good idea to include an option column stating who is responsible for carrying out decisions made or actions to be done
- Write up the minute as soon as possible after meeting while your memory is still fresh about what happened at the meeting
- Share the task. Have a correspondence secretary and a minute secretary if possible
Minute of ………………………..Tenants & Residents Association
Committee Meeting on
at C.E. Centre, Dumbarton
- Present, apologies & welcome
The Chairperson makes sure all attendees have
signed in, apologies are registered and guests are
introduced. Any actions noted.
- Minute of previous meeting
Minute is checked for accuracy and amendments
noted. Minute is approved and seconded by two of
the committee who were at the previous meeting. Any actions noted.
- Matters arising from minutes and outstanding
Requests for updates are given and noted. If an item
is also on the current agenda it should be discussed
then. Any actions noted.
- Correspondence/Secretary’s report
The Secretary reads out any correspondence
received. The committee agrees a response or
action if required. Any actions noted.
- Treasurer’s report
Treasurer gives an update on any income or
expenditure since the previous meeting. Any future
expenditure is discussed and approved by the
committee. Any actions noted.
- Community Police
Guest speaks and answers any questions.
- Consultation meeting
Note discussion, decision and who actions. Any actions noted.
- Any other business
Note items raised, discussion, decision and who
actions. Any actions noted.
- Date / time / place of next meeting
Record date, time and place of next meeting.