West Dunbartonshire council operates a block building insurance scheme for owners of ex Council houses where it is a condition of their sale.

The block policy has been through the tendering process and from the 1 April 2022* the policy will be held by Protector Insurance.  If you need to make a claim Protector Insurance can be contacted by any of the following methods:

Telephone:  0161 274 9077

Email:  claims@protectorinsurance.co.uk

Website:  www.protectorinsurance.co.uk

*please note that if you claim relates to damage which occurred prior to 1 April 2022, your claim will still be handled by Ocaso Insurance and you can make the claim direct to Ocaso claim handlers by telephoning 0344 856 2032.

For more information:

Any questions

You can also contact the Sold Property Section with any questions

Pay online

You can pay building insurance online quickly and simply using the Council's website.

Pay building insurance

Please ensure that you have your invoice number (this can be found on your invoice), a valid debit or credit card and if you have an email account your email address to allow us to send your receipt.