Dumbarton Opening Times
|Monday||9:30 AM||-||7:55 PM|
|Tuesday||9:30 AM||-||7:55 PM|
|Wednesday||9:30 AM||-||7:55 PM|
|Thursday||9:30 AM||-||7:55 PM|
|Friday||9:30 AM||-||4:55 PM|
|Saturday||9:30 AM||-||4:55 PM|
- Books for children and adults
- Audio Talking Books on CD and Cassette
- Music CDs
- adult and children DVDs
- Free Computer and Internet access (see below)
- Free Wi-Fi Access
- Printing, photocopying
- Fax machine facilities
- Quest Computer Training Courses
- Macmillan cancer support information
- Family Activities including Bookbug and Storytime sessions
- Local publications
- Local history materials, family history resources and archives covering the Dumbarton and Vale of Leven areas are a strong feature
- Exhibitions of local history, arts or museum items regularly take place
|Disabled Access||Yes (ground floor and junior areas only)|
Other rooms and facilities available in this library:
Macmillan Drop-in Centre
Macmillan @ Dumbarton Library
If you're affected by cancer you may want to know there's someone you can turn to for help.
West Dunbartonshire Libraries are working with Macmillan Cancer Support to provide a network of Macmillan Cancer Information & Support Drop-In Services in your local community.
Drop-in services are now available at the following times and locations:
|Alexandria Library||Mondays||10:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Balloch Library||Tuesdays||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Dalmuir Library||Mondays||12:00 noon - 2:00 pm|
|Dumbarton Library||Wednesdays||11:00 am - 1:00 pm|
|Clydebank Library||Thursdays||1.00 pm - 4:00 pm|
Find out more at: Macmillan cancer support information
Learning Centre Computer Suite
The computer suite contains 13 computers which can be booked out by community groups to use for classes. They offer the following:
- Windows 7 on all computers
- Microsoft Office: (Version 2010) on all machines
- Free broadband Internet connection
- Full-colour printing
- A4 scanning facilities
- CD burning facilities
- Wheelchair access table
The computers are available to library members to use for free and are also utilised for the various free computer courses ran by Quest the libraries computer training team and other partner organisations.
Small Training /Meeting Room
This a great space to use with small groups and allows for a greater degree of privacy than the other spaces as it is a self contained room.
The Training and Meeting Room can hold up to 6-8 people seated and can be used by a broad range of groups for training, demonstrations and small private meetings. The space includes:
- Tea and coffee facilities.
- Access to smart board and projector to facilitate presentations and training classes for community groups.
The junior area of the library is a large welcoming environment with moveable shelving units. The space is used for family activities such as Bookbug song and rhyme sessions, and Storytelling. The facilities include:
- Free access to the internet
- Junior fiction and non-fiction books
- Junior DVDs
- Picture and board books
- Talking books on CD
- Toys and games
- Wide-screen TV and Wii console with various games
- Bookbug and Storytime sessions
- Baby Yoga and Baby Massage sessions
The Teen Zone
This flexible area has 3 PCs; access to free Wifi and can be used for a variety of training or group meetings. It also has a wide-screen TV and Wii console with various games.
Dumbarton Heritage Centre
The heritage centre houses numerous collections relating to Dumbarton and the Vale of Leven including books, maps, pamphlets, photographs, postcards, directories and newspapers.