Any child under 16 employed in West Dunbartonshire and has not reached their statutory school leaving date has to have a work permit.  It does not matter where you live, where you go to school, or where the employer is based. The byelaws apply to all employment of under 16 year olds, even if you are not paid for the work.  

It is the employer's responsibility to apply for the employment permit within one week of you starting work. 

The byelaws are there to protect children at work and an employer could be committing a criminal offence if they employ a child without applying for an employment permit.

Byelaws for the Employment of Children  (PDF 236KB)

Employment Permit Application Form  (Word Document)