Application for a grant or renewal of taxi or private hire car drivers licence
Anyone who wishes to apply for a taxi drivers/private hire car drivers licence are required to sit a knowledge test prior to submitting the application.
Applicants should contact the Licensing Team to make arrangements to sit the test:
Telephone: 01389 738741
- Multiple choice test consisting of 40 questions (Clydebank - 40 questions, Dumbarton - 70 questions)
- Applicants are required to attain 75% in order to pass
- The test is invigilated by a member of the Licensing Team
- The test is scored and the applicant is advised of the outcome on the day
- No fee for this test
- Applicants can resit the test if they fail
- The test cannot be taken online.