Dalmuir House was built in 1818 by Richard Collins and stood near the present children's playground. The House had outstanding views over the surrounding area to open countryside.
The landscape around the house was laid out with woods enclosing open parkland typical of the 19th century with more ornamental trees and shrubs (yew, holly) planted near the house itself. There was also an enclosed kitchen garden to the south of the house.
The driveway from the house led down to the Paper Mill which was also owned by the Collins family. The trees along the south of the park were planted in 1910.