RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
The RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is the most awarded lifeguard qualification in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The NPLQ is not just a qualification it can be a stepping stone into a career within the leisure industry. On successful completion of the course you will be fully qualified to work as a Pool Lifeguard.
The NPLQ course duration is 36 hours with an optional bolt on element of Automated External Defibrillation which is 1.5 hours. The course comprises of physical training and theoretical classroom work, followed by practical in-water and out-of-water assessment on pool rescue, first aid, CPR and lifesaving skills.
Prior to booking a place on this course, a swim test must be completed. This can be done by telephoning any of our main leisure centres. Once the test has been successfully completed the candidate can book and pay for the course. Full payment is required at the time of booking.
Candidates must be 16 years of age prior to commencement of the course
Candidates must be able to:
- Provide photographic ID on the first day of the course
- Attend all the dates
- Jump / Dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back
- Surface dive to the pool bottom at the deepest part
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Climb out of the pool unaided without the use of steps/ladder