To report a change in your circumstances, please complete the online change in circumstance form:

Change in circumstance

Any overpayment caused will be recovered.

You must tell us immediately if there is a change in your circumstances, you can do this by completing our online change of circumstance form or by calling into your local benefit office.

The main things that count towards your benefit are: 

  • The number of people within your household
  • Changes to any income that you and other members of your household receive - this includes earnings, benefits or pension
  • Savings and investments
  • Your rent, unless you are a council tenant
  • You or a member of your household to start work
  • You or a member of your household move out
  • You or your partner go into hospital for more than a few days
  • You or your partner become a full-time student
  • Your child leaves school or you stop getting child benefit for him or her
  • You buy a second property.

These are only examples, if anything in your household changes and you are not sure whether it may affect your benefit, please contact us immediately.

If you fail to notify us of a change in circumstance, it may effect the level of Housing Benefit.