Local Housing Allowance West Dunbartonshire Council has to make all payments of Local Housing Allowance (LHA) directly to you, but we can make payments directly to your landlord where you have difficulty managing your affairs. 

The information you provide in direct payments application will help the Benefits Service decide whether it is appropriate to pay LHA directly to your landlord. You may not need to complete all the questions, as each case will be different, but try to give as much information and evidence as possible. 

A tenant who may have difficulty managing their affairs might be someone who; 

  • Has severe debt problems
  • Is an undischarged bankrupt
  • Is unable to open a bank or building society account
  • Has learning difficulties
  • Has an illness that stops them managing on a day to day basis
  • Cannot read or speak English
  • Is addicted to drugs, alcohol or gambling
  • Is illiterate. 

This list is not exhaustive and each case will be considered individually. 

If you wish to apply to have your LHA payments paid direct to your landlord please contact Private Benefits on 01389 738555.