Application to register for the exhibition or training of performing animals

Application to change a performing animals registration

What does the law require?

You must register with us if you exhibit or train any performing animal and you reside in West Dunbartonshire.

This does not apply to the training or exhibition of animals for bona fide military, police, agricultural or sporting purposes.

What do I need to consider?

We cannot register you if a court order prohibits you from being registered.

How will you deal with my application?

You will need to send us a form explaining the nature of the performance. We will check whether a court order prohibits you from being registered.

When will a decision be made?

This is a registration process, not a licensing process, therefore you will be placed on the register as soon as you apply, provided you are not subject to a court order which prevents you from being registered. We will let you know if and when you have been registered.

What can I do if I'm not satisfied?

If you are unhappy with the way we have processed your application please contact us.

How does the Council handle objections and representations?

Find out more about objections and representations