You should contact us if you need help applying or other advice and appointments are available.

You may be able to get help if you are having difficulty paying your Council Tax if you are eligible for 

You should contact us if you need help applying or other advice.

Support and advice 

If you don’t have the funds to pay, or if you have a number of debts, you may wish to contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau

If you miss an instalment

We will send you a reminder if you miss an instalment or don't pay the full amount due. You must bring your payments up to date within 14 days. You can then carry on paying by instalment as usual.

If instalments are not up to date

We will serve a Summary Warrant on you if you don’t pay within 14 days. Your account will go to the Sheriff Officer, who will contact you for payment.

You will have to pay the full amount of Council Tax for the year as a lump sum. We will add a 10% statutory surcharge onto your full outstanding balance. You may have to pay Sheriff Officer's costs too.

The Sheriff Officer has powers that we don't to collect the debt from you.  These include bank account and wage arrestments.

Falling behind more than once

We only issue one reminder and one final notice within any financial year. If you fail to pay the final notice within 7 days we may immediately apply for a Summary Warrant.