Skip to content

Placing Requests Update

Responses to placing requests for P1/S1 submitted before the end of March 2021 have now been issued and parents/carers should have received their emails direct from education services.  Placing requests submitted after that date will be considered and parents/carers will be notified of the outcome of their application within 2 months of submission of the placing request, although we aim to let parents/carers know as soon as we can.

Placing Request for P1

Placing requests for P1 should be made on the enrolment for education form. Please refer to the information included on the Starting P1 page.

Placing requests 

If the school of your choice is outwith your catchment area, you will have to make a placing request.  This is a formal application to Educational Services.

If you are or will be making a placing request please read the below guidance prior to starting the application.

Placing Request Application

Placing Request for S1

If your child is attending their primary school due to a placing request and you wish them to attend the associated secondary school you must complete a placing request application (if you reside outwith the catchment area for the secondary).

This application must be made before 1 February each year. Your child does not automatically transfer if you do not live within the catchment area of the secondary school.

You can view the schools in your catchment area using the catchment area postcode search.

If you reside outwith West Dunbartonshire Council you can submit placing requests for secondary school from late December until 1 February.


If your placing request was refused, you can appeal the decision.

Placing request appeal