Skip to content

Joint Tenancies

All applicants, including existing tenants, may apply to have a joint tenancy with someone who is staying with them or intending to stay with them.

West Dunbartonshire Council encourage joint applicants, of the same sex or opposite sex, to apply for joint tenancies as this ensures that you have similar legal rights.

Housing applicants can apply for a joint tenancy by completing the form below.

Apply for a joint tenancy

If an existing tenant wishes to apply for a joint tenancy with someone they can contact their Housing Officer for more information. 

Ending a joint tenancy 

If you wish to end a joint tenancy, please complete the form below or contact your housing officer if you require further information.

Termination form for joint tenant

Contact us

  • Completing the online contact form
  • Calling 01389 608910 (Dumbarton /Alexandria) or 01389 608944 (Clydebank).