West Dunbartonshire Council may consider granting financial assistance to Home Owners for applicable home repairs.
All Home Owners are expected to finance repairs to their homes through their own financial arrangements utilising savings or discussing options with Bank, Building Society or Credit Union. Only once these sources of funding have been fully explored will West Dunbartonshire Council consider giving access to an income related means tested grant subject to availability of funding.
We would require 2 forms of evidence:
- A letter from a bank/building society/credit union or financial institution stating that an application for a loan was unsuccessful.
- A letter from a bank/building society/credit union or financial institution stating that an application for re-mortgage/equity release on the property was unsuccessful.
Unfortunately, we will not provide financial assistance where:
- The property is not the applicants only or principle home.
- The property has been in the ownership of the applicant for less than 2 years.
- The property has been left unoccupied and fallen into disrepair.
- The owner acquired the house knowing the condition with a view to developing it.
- Roof renewal
- Lead pipe replacement from toby to cold water tap (kitchen only)
For more information:
Scheme of Assistance Leaflet